SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

Camo gundam DONE

18 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
Camo gundam DONE
Posted by John31388 on Thursday, December 18, 2008 11:43 AM

Hey everyone

I have been away from the hobby for a little. Well I did a little weathering with sliver paint making look like it been used down to the metal, I also add a gold stripe to his left chest to show he is the rank of sargent (in my army anyway lol  ) oh it it was my frist time panel lining so it not that great, Well here are the pics let me know what you think.

John

Posted by acmodeler01 on Thursday, December 18, 2008 11:56 AM
Looks good! I did one similar to that but in a snow/arctic camo. What did you use to mask it?
Posted by John31388 on Thursday, December 18, 2008 12:03 PM
I used silly putty lol I never new how handy that stuff was
Posted by PatlaborUnit1 on Thursday, December 18, 2008 2:32 PM

camo on Gundams is fun. I took photocopy line drawings of my Kempfer and made all sorts of drawings and sketches to figure out what I wanted. In the end it turned out to be all gloss white. Looked like a Patlabor when I got done with it!

My very first gundam was the Serpent Custom HG and I did it in grey/tan custom paint and used a tecnical pen to make thousands of dots in designs over the entire surface.  Took a while but it looked good!

My next will be Zakus with tan/ dark yellow camo.

Build to please yourself, and don't worry about what others think! TI 4019 Jolly Roger Squadron, 501st Legion
Posted by Cosmic J on Friday, December 19, 2008 10:31 PM

That looks pretty good. I've used silly putty as a mask before, but not for camo. The demarcation lines look good and sharp, I may have to try it out.

What specific gundam is this? I like the design of it.

Posted by John31388 on Saturday, December 20, 2008 12:05 AM
 Cosmic J wrote:

That looks pretty good. I've used silly putty as a mask before, but not for camo. The demarcation lines look good and sharp, I may have to try it out.

What specific gundam is this? I like the design of it.

Thanks man it's the F 91 RGM-109 gundam I also have a f 91 gun cannon I am doing in the same paint to make it look like a recon team.

Posted by Cosmic J on Saturday, December 20, 2008 6:47 AM
That explains it. I like the F-91 designs. I've been thinking of building a HardyGun for a while now. Any build tips?
Posted by smeagol the vile on Saturday, December 20, 2008 4:06 PM
I was gona ask the same question about the design.  Every time I looked at it I thought it was one of those slaughter daggers from Seed, but it looked to GMy to me.  I like the camo.

Posted by John31388 on Saturday, December 20, 2008 4:44 PM

Cosmic J wrote:
That explains it. I like the F-91 designs. I've been thinking of building a HardyGun for a while now. Any build tips?

The only real tip is to just make sure you get the seam lines real good they were pretty bad on the 2 I have from the F 91. But other then that the werre realy no probs.

Posted by Puma_Adder on Saturday, December 20, 2008 7:31 PM

here is a little info I scrounged up for ya from mahq.net.

Model number: RGM-109

Code name: Heavygun

Unit type: combat mobile suit
Manufacturer: Anaheim Electronics
Operator: Earth Federation Forces
Rollout: UC 0109
Accommodation: pilot only, in panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in torso
Dimensions: head height 15.8 meters
Weight: empty 9.5 metric tons; max gross 23.5 metric tons
Armor materials: gundarium alloy/ceramic composite
Powerplant: Minovsky type ultracompact fusion reactor, output rated at 2870 kW
Propulsion: rocket thrusters: 2 x 21250 kg, 4 x 9940 kg; vernier thrusters/apogee motors: 59
Performance: maximum thruster acceleration 3.50 G
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; weapon mount, used to carry beam rifle, located on rear skirt armor plate
Fixed armaments: 2 x vulcan gun, fire-linked, mounted in head; 2 x 4-slot hand grenade rack, mounted on hip armor plates
Optional fixed armaments: shield, mounted on either forearm; 2 x beam saber, weapon rack/storage location unknown, hand-carried in use
Optional hand armaments: beam rifle, powered by rechargeable energy cap, can be stored on weapon mount

Technical and Historical Notes

While the Strategic Naval Research Institute was proceeding with its "Formula Project" to develop smaller, more efficient and high-performance mobile suits for the Earth Federation Forces, civilian contractor Anaheim Electronics was also hard at work on its own smaller, next-generation mobile suit. Their first successful result in this venture was the RGM-109 Heavygun, a mass-produced general purpose unit intended to replace the aging RGM-89J Jegan Normal Type. Despite its small size and the fact that its reactor output wasn't much greater than the old Jegan Normal Type, the Heavygun was faster and more maneuverable, and it was still just as capable of using beam weapons as its larger predecessors. The Heavygun would prove itself to be a popular machine, and it would remain in the service of the Federation Forces for many years, with some units even making their way into civilian and local colony militia forces.

Some people spend their whole lives wondering if they made a difference. Gundams don't have that problem.
Posted by smeagol the vile on Saturday, December 20, 2008 8:51 PM
The F91 kits were pre HGUC releases.  Pre HG releases at that.  They went together better then before they sold the molds to academy for re-release, like the vintage kits, the ZZ and the like.  They will take alot of seam work, and have less then desirable detail, but they wont be a hard build.

Posted by John31388 on Saturday, December 20, 2008 9:18 PM
 Puma_Adder wrote:

here is a little info I scrounged up for ya from mahq.net.

Model number: RGM-109

Code name: Heavygun

Unit type: combat mobile suit
Manufacturer: Anaheim Electronics
Operator: Earth Federation Forces
Rollout: UC 0109
Accommodation: pilot only, in panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in torso
Dimensions: head height 15.8 meters
Weight: empty 9.5 metric tons; max gross 23.5 metric tons
Armor materials: gundarium alloy/ceramic composite
Powerplant: Minovsky type ultracompact fusion reactor, output rated at 2870 kW
Propulsion: rocket thrusters: 2 x 21250 kg, 4 x 9940 kg; vernier thrusters/apogee motors: 59
Performance: maximum thruster acceleration 3.50 G
Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; weapon mount, used to carry beam rifle, located on rear skirt armor plate
Fixed armaments: 2 x vulcan gun, fire-linked, mounted in head; 2 x 4-slot hand grenade rack, mounted on hip armor plates
Optional fixed armaments: shield, mounted on either forearm; 2 x beam saber, weapon rack/storage location unknown, hand-carried in use
Optional hand armaments: beam rifle, powered by rechargeable energy cap, can be stored on weapon mount

Technical and Historical Notes

While the Strategic Naval Research Institute was proceeding with its "Formula Project" to develop smaller, more efficient and high-performance mobile suits for the Earth Federation Forces, civilian contractor Anaheim Electronics was also hard at work on its own smaller, next-generation mobile suit. Their first successful result in this venture was the RGM-109 Heavygun, a mass-produced general purpose unit intended to replace the aging RGM-89J Jegan Normal Type. Despite its small size and the fact that its reactor output wasn't much greater than the old Jegan Normal Type, the Heavygun was faster and more maneuverable, and it was still just as capable of using beam weapons as its larger predecessors. The Heavygun would prove itself to be a popular machine, and it would remain in the service of the Federation Forces for many years, with some units even making their way into civilian and local colony militia forces.

Very nice info. I see your in the marines how do you like it? How long you been in? just wondering cuz I am thinking os join the service

Posted by John31388 on Sunday, December 21, 2008 1:54 AM

Just a little up date got some weathering done and some battle damage done. I also put a decal from a gundam decal set on his left shoulder I thought was a cool one for like a recon team. C&C welcome

Posted by John31388 on Friday, December 26, 2008 10:36 PM

Almost done with it all I have left is the thruster here are some pics

Posted by John31388 on Thursday, January 8, 2009 12:12 PM

Well here are the final pics of it done

Posted by Boba Fett on Thursday, January 8, 2009 12:16 PM
Oh yeah! That is freaking awesome! I especially like the pics of the guy sniping your patio table! Smile,Wink, & Grin [swg] The camo is great and overall, a very nice job! Now I wanna do this... time to punish my dad's credit card! Evil [}:)]

Posted by smeagol the vile on Thursday, January 8, 2009 4:25 PM
You made me cry... Im looking, going, wow, thats a nice camo job, his waist was turned and I couldnt tell what the heck I was looking at... then... I look at the first top from the top... and there is just a large, ugly, half filled seams right accross the top of the torso... Why do you torture me so?

Posted by John31388 on Thursday, January 8, 2009 11:57 PM
Thanks all. Smeagol I am sorrySign - Oops [#oops] lol I am still a rookie they will get better I pormise
Posted by smeagol the vile on Friday, January 9, 2009 12:14 AM

well, dont apologise. You are here to learn, and this is a good enviroment (compared to some others)

When doing gundams, seams are always an issue.  Always prime before you paint, to see if you missed a seam.  Very VERY diligent with them, you will master it.

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.