SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

Caesar Miniatures - Modern US Army - with desert equipment

9 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
Caesar Miniatures - Modern US Army - with desert equipment
Posted by craig.mason on Monday, July 27, 2009 10:03 AM

I have just got a set of Caesar Miniatures - Modern US Army - with desert equipment What's the best acrylic colours to use on these figures?

Posted by arkhunter2002 on Monday, July 27, 2009 10:39 AM

I use Vallejo, but I used to use Tamiya and MM acryl.  I'd recommend Vallejo.

Caeser released "US Elite Forces", which is just a more modern set that reflects the current ACU/body armor configuration.

HTH,

Austin

Posted by craig.mason on Monday, July 27, 2009 11:10 AM
 arkhunter2002 wrote:

I use Vallejo, but I used to use Tamiya and MM acryl.  I'd recommend Vallejo.

Caeser released "US Elite Forces", which is just a more modern set that reflects the current ACU/body armor configuration.

HTH,

Austin

What shades should i use i am using tamiya i am thinking mainly XF60 Dark Yellow for the uniform what colour do i use for the boots/gun's/webbing

Posted by arkhunter2002 on Monday, July 27, 2009 1:03 PM

I used Buff for the uniform base coat, and then Deck Tan for the lighter areas, and then Nato Brown for the brown squiggles.  The boots are a mix of Khaki and Buff, and the rifle is Nato Black for the flat parts and Gun Metal for the shiny parts.  As for webbing, it's Olive Drab.  The ammo pouches can be woodland, desert 3, or OD.

Posted by modelchasm on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 11:15 AM

Ark - I think he's wanting to go w/ the 3-tone DCU.

Search for "SF Quick Build". We had this same discussion when I got ready to paint that figure. I use Vallejo as well and think they are spot on. I think that I used sand as the base color, and burnt sienna or rust (can't remember) for the darker brown color. The green is going to be the color that you're going to have to play around with. I think I ended up mixing OD and sand.

"If you're not scratching, you're not trying!"  -Scott

Posted by arkhunter2002 on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:34 PM

Yeah, I have the IBA and the kevlar are in DCU's that I painted with Tamiya paint.  It's the only picture I had on hand.  Here's another picture that I just took of a prieser tanker with DCU's painted with Tamiya.  I used Buff, Deck Tan, and Nato Brown.  The Deck Tan doesn't stand out in the pictures as much as it does to my eyes.

I must say though, you should invest in Vallejo.  Very good paints, and they are really flat, so you don't get the shine like what's on this tanker.

Posted by psstoff995 on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:47 PM
I just got their US Elite Forces to go with some 1/72 armor and HMMWV pair from Dragon. My brother got me into the small scale stuff recently. ark, craig- please post some progress pictures of the painting process! Big Smile [:D]

1/35 was hard and I did some 1/15-6 scale, that helped with detail, and also got me comfortable with painting figures almost completely constructed. Then 1/35 got a little easier, so once I get the hang of painting 1/35 figures- fully constructed, I’m going to try and see if I can do it with these little guys!!
Shock [:O]

Vallejo's the best, but I don't mind my own cheaper paints. And once things start getting into ratio and mixes... I can’t follow... BUT!! I'd like to see both of your respective techniques!! Big Smile [:D]

-Chris

US Army Infantryman

Posted by psstoff995 on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:49 PM
 arkhunter2002 wrote:

and they are really flat, so you don't get the shine like what's on this tanker.

Nothing a quick shot of a clear flat/matte can't fix (right??) Wink [;)]

-Chris

US Army Infantryman

Posted by craig.mason on Wednesday, July 29, 2009 9:44 AM

what number vallejo paints do i need?

http://www.anticsonline.co.uk/1605_1.html

Posted by arkhunter2002 on Tuesday, August 4, 2009 4:38 PM
I'm thinking for the Desert 3 camo (DCU), Iraqi Sand, Stone Grey, Saddle Brown.  You guys agree?
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.