SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

1/700 Bogue Class CVE-16 Nassau

1 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
1/700 Bogue Class CVE-16 Nassau
Posted by potchip on Friday, September 24, 2010 8:49 AM

Got this as a half built kit off ebay. I was really just after the 2 sets of PE (some already glued, rather shabbily), the ship was just a bonus. This was a pit-road mould accquired by Tamiya. It offers good details for an OOB build. The aircrafts included are superb, if only they were moulded in clear, I'd save them for better builds. None of the imperfect injection and sink marks that Trumpeter and Dragon routinely serve up.

Knocked off in about 5 days. It proved harder to paint due to assembly being way too advanced for masking/planning.

I wanted to do a measure camo scheme and Nassau happens to be the first one that came up from google image search with profiles from port and starboard. I know the colours are not accurate, especially the way-too-bright navy blue 5-n which I also used to spray the aircrafts due to laziness.

Posted by mfsob on Friday, September 24, 2010 8:53 AM

Still and all, a very nice job - the Nassau is on my "someday" list for her Aleutian ventures.

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.