SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

SU-47 Berkut interior color question

5 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
SU-47 Berkut interior color question
Posted by mstitel on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 1:40 PM

Hi all, I just bought Zvezda's 1/72 scale SU-47 Berkut model, and tho I like the kit already, the color references are almost nonexistent. I am wondering what color I should paint the interior of the kit. Another question i was thinking is how should I detail a black painted kit. Understandably this is the test craft and my guess would be that a newer jet(as I will depict it) wouldn't have as much weathering as say a frontline fighter, but there still shoud be some.

Posted by Scorpiomikey on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 3:27 PM

Interior is either standard cockpit grey (being a newer aircraft) Look at the SU-27 and later cockpits.

The other option is Russian blue. The most eye bleeding painful colour in the history of cockpit colours.

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar"

Recite the litanies, fire up the Gellar field, a poo storm is coming Hmm 

My signature

Check out my blog here.

Posted by Mikeym_us on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 6:13 PM

Scorpiomikey

Interior is either standard cockpit grey (being a newer aircraft) Look at the SU-27 and later cockpits.

The other option is Russian blue. The most eye bleeding painful colour in the history of cockpit colours.

Always thought the RAF Blueish Gray Green was the most hideous of color choices though.

On the workbench: Dragon 1/350 scale Ticonderoga class USS BunkerHill 1/720 scale Italeri USS Harry S. Truman 1/72 scale Encore Yak-6

The 71st Tactical Fighter Squadron the only Squadron to get an Air to Air kill and an Air to Ground kill in the same week with only a F-15   http://photobucket.com/albums/v332/Mikeym_us/

Posted by Scorpiomikey on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 7:10 PM

Russian Blue

I rest my case lol

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar"

Recite the litanies, fire up the Gellar field, a poo storm is coming Hmm 

My signature

Check out my blog here.

Posted by Hun Hunter on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 11:08 PM

I'll give them credit, the instruments sure do... pop.

There are some that call me... Nash

Posted by autovomatic88 on Monday, February 21, 2011 11:26 AM

do you know why it is painted this color blue? Soviet doctors did research with pilots to see what colors calm pilots down in stressful situations. This is the color that won. Interesting. So when they are flying Mach 2 in a race against death when they look at the instruments panel it will sooth there nerves. 

"Mark VI, and we've got it by the ass."

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.