SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

1/350 Titanic Wreck Model (1986 Version)

11 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
1/350 Titanic Wreck Model (1986 Version)
Posted by ChrisHoffert on Saturday, April 23, 2011 2:35 PM

This is a wreck model I worked on for 2 years.  It features a multitude of scratchbuilding and creative design.

This is the link for the bow build

http://titanic-model.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=123&topic_id=805&mode=full

This is the link for the stern build

http://titanic-model.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=123&topic_id=1047&mode=full

Posted by checkmateking02 on Saturday, April 23, 2011 2:46 PM

That's an outstanding, impressive work of art, even realistically haunting.  Congratulations.  You've truly captured her slow disintegration. 

Posted by dirkpitt77 on Saturday, April 23, 2011 3:10 PM

Holy chit!!!!!!

That is one amazing piece of modeling art.  Amazing.   Haunting is right.   Spectacular build!!!!!  Bow DownYes

"Some say the alien didn't die in the crash.  It survived and drank whiskey and played poker with the locals 'til the Texas Rangers caught wind of it and shot it dead."

Posted by ChrisHoffert on Saturday, April 23, 2011 3:29 PM

Posted by Stage_Left on Saturday, April 23, 2011 7:48 PM

Very nice. The detail is excellent.

Posted by John Lyle on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:58 AM

WOW!!!!!Toast

Winters may be cold in Canada but at least there are no mosquitoes or blackflies

Posted by spadx111 on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 1:15 PM

rusty love the rust .very nice work loved the pics

Ron

Posted by tankerbuilder on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 7:17 PM

CHRIS- You have put the fear of wrecks in my psyche . After seeing that and the other young fellow,s work , I will NOT , repeat NOT attempt an old wreck. I was going to do the "BISMARK and her debris trail , Now that I see these , I have changed my mind . I used to be able do wrecked cars ,trucks and buildings real well but a rusticle debris filled ship five miles down NO WAY . My hat is off to those of you modelers who choose to be consumed in this kind of historical modelmaking , you are indeed craftsmen of the first degree. !!!     tankerbuilder

Posted by ChrisHoffert on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 12:03 AM

All things considered the Bismark wouldn't be a bad wreck to do.  I have one of those in the works to as a back burner to this project but a lot of the original paint is there and it's in a different part of the ocean subjected to different kinds of decay.  The Titanic is heavily rusted and decayed but the Bismarck and where she lies isn't subjected to that horrible of treatment.  You should totally go for it.

Posted by William B. Barney on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 1:12 AM

Chris,

Hello it me William, who a member of the TRMA  (Titanic Research & Modeling Association) Glad you posted on FSM site to sharing with other modelers too.

Again, Your model are Great details and love rust and rustlic!

Regards,

William B. Barney

DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES. DEAD SHIPS, HOWEVER, DO!

Posted by warhorse3 on Thursday, April 28, 2011 6:05 PM

What amazing detail and realistic weathering! Very well dione indeed!Toast

Regards, Bill
Posted by dannycraven on Wednesday, March 2, 2016 6:16 PM

can u buy that online

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.