SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

Import Hobby

12 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
Import Hobby
Posted by IBuild148 on Monday, June 6, 2011 8:07 PM

Has anyone here done business with Import Hobby out of Shanghai, China?

Thanks

IBuildOne48

Teach modeling to youth!

Scalefinishes.com

http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww122/randysmodels/NMF%20Group%20build%20II/Group%20Badge/NMFIIGBbadgesmall.jpg

Posted by VanceCrozier on Tuesday, June 7, 2011 1:43 PM

nope!

On the bench: Airfix 1/72 Wildcat; Airfix 1/72 Vampire T11; Airfix 1/72 Fouga Magister

Posted by B17Pilot on Tuesday, June 7, 2011 1:50 PM

Never heard of 'em

fox
Posted by fox on Tuesday, June 7, 2011 1:55 PM

Ditto Ditto What they said. Make sure you can check them out before doing business with them.

Jim Captain

Main WIP: 

On the Bench: Artesania Latina  (aka) Artists in the Latrine 1/75 Bluenose II

I keep hitting "escape", but I'm still here.

Posted by waikong on Tuesday, June 7, 2011 3:14 PM

Never purchased from them before.  However, I have made multiple purchases from luckymodel.com in Hong Kong in the last few years.  The prices looked similiar, great discounts on models from Asia even with the extra postage.

My website: http://waihobbies.wkhc.net

Posted by Andrew Magoo on Tuesday, June 7, 2011 6:45 PM

Never heard of them, Magoo

Posted by jetmodeler on Wednesday, June 8, 2011 6:25 AM

Sorry, never heard of 'em either.

Posted by IBuild148 on Wednesday, June 8, 2011 2:12 PM

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Add that with the 3 e-mails I sent to them with no replies and it = NO SALE!

IBuildOne48

Teach modeling to youth!

Scalefinishes.com

http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww122/randysmodels/NMF%20Group%20build%20II/Group%20Badge/NMFIIGBbadgesmall.jpg

Posted by Fuddy Duddy on Tuesday, February 28, 2012 11:53 AM

I placed an order with Import Hobby three weeks ago and paid with PayPal. I went to check the status of my order on their web site yesterday and the status was "being processed". I sent an email to them to find out what is going on, and so far no response.

Posted by Hammer997 on Tuesday, April 3, 2012 10:28 AM

Tried- got no where, emails are no good, paypals phone number for them is no longer good, suggest you try luckymodel.com as I did.

Posted by Fuddy Duddy on Tuesday, April 3, 2012 10:45 AM

Update: After 4 weeks I did receive my model nicely packaged from Import Hobby. Their selection and prices are good, I just wish their communications was better.

Posted by panzerpilot on Tuesday, April 3, 2012 10:53 AM

Fuddy Duddy

Update: After 4 weeks I did receive my model nicely packaged from Import Hobby. Their selection and prices are good, I just wish their communications was better.

Agreed. I ordered a "limited edition" kit from them, which was listed as in stock. I could not find it anywhere stateside. I waited several weeks, as it said "processing". I finally emailed them and they said they didn't have it, so I officially cancelled my order. Grrr.

-Tom

Posted by Hammer997 on Thursday, April 5, 2012 8:48 AM

well after i canceled order, two days later I received confirmation of order and billing to my Credit Card. so looks like they exist and can get models to the US. however communication with this firm is non existent.

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.