SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

Tamiya paints are back to the U.S.

13 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
Tamiya paints are back to the U.S.
Posted by Chrisk-k on Monday, January 30, 2012 1:30 PM

I just received email from Tamiya USA.

>>Tamiya paints are just coming back to the market as of December 2011.
Tamiya paints can be order directly from Tamiya America, please see the link
below. Once the "Add to Cart" icon re-appears the item can be ordered:
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/category.php?sub-id=60000

Tamiya paints are also available at retailers such as Tower Hobbies:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0091p?&P=SM&C=RHG&V=TAM

Thank you,

Tamiya America
>>Customer Service

Hopefully, the shortage will be over soon.

Iwata HP-CS | Iwata HP-CR | Iwata HP-M2 | H&S Evolution | Iwata Smart Jet + Sparmax Tank

Posted by TarnShip on Monday, January 30, 2012 11:02 PM

"Hopefully, the shortage will be over soon."

I am surprised that we haven't seen 100 posts about this on all the forums

I was at the LHS on Saturday, noticed and commented that his Tamiya rack was filled back up,,,,,,he said they are back to "regular status" with his wholesale supplier

As many people that were bothered by the shortage, I would have thought there would be a run on the paints after they replenished in the racks

I am glad for all you folks that use the paints, though,,,,,nothing worse than not being able to buy your favorite paint, glue or putty

almost gone

Posted by CBennett on Wednesday, February 1, 2012 10:26 AM

Yup, last week on Thursday when I was sick and could not leave the house lol...my Local hobby shop called and said that they just got in a whole display full of Tamiya paints. They had 2 weeks b4 that ordered me the dark yellow(XF-60) and red/brown (XF-64) for my Jagd panther but didnt have any of the green..now I have to go pick up the green today! The Owner said they got a whole display of it so many colors and multiples of them.

This is the only store in town and its actually a Model Rail Road supply store even though they sell a few models and slot car kits also...so I was glad he could get in the paints for me.

Posted by panzerpilot on Wednesday, February 1, 2012 10:39 AM

Good news! Thanks

-Tom

Posted by the Baron on Wednesday, February 1, 2012 11:34 AM

Were you the one who posted this over at Hyperscale, too?  I saw this same news over there, just now.

I'll make the same response I did there, too.  I never noticed they were gone, they were always in stock at my local Hobbytown, and I also noticed no interruptions ordering the paints online.  Was there a shortage?

The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen.

Posted by Chrisk-k on Wednesday, February 1, 2012 12:08 PM

No, I didn't post there. Because of an issue with Tamiya labels, Tamiya paints couldn't be imported to the US for a while.

Iwata HP-CS | Iwata HP-CR | Iwata HP-M2 | H&S Evolution | Iwata Smart Jet + Sparmax Tank

Posted by Sprue-ce Goose on Wednesday, February 1, 2012 12:44 PM

I picked up some from Hobby Town two weeks ago ; was told they receive only a few at a time

Posted by wing_nut on Wednesday, February 1, 2012 2:23 PM

the Baron

Were you the one who posted this over at Hyperscale, too?  I saw this same news over there, just now.

I'll make the same response I did there, too.  I never noticed they were gone, they were always in stock at my local Hobbytown, and I also noticed no interruptions ordering the paints online.  Was there a shortage?

That was me.  I cut and paste the message to post over there.  The Tamiya rack at my LHS has been 3/4 empty since the summer.

Marc  

Posted by CBennett on Wednesday, February 1, 2012 10:19 PM

yup full rack at my Local shop brand new fully stocked with at least 5 of each color. Picked up 8 bottles and some masking tape.

Posted by the Baron on Thursday, February 2, 2012 11:37 AM

wing_nut

the Baron:

That was me.  I cut and paste the message to post over there.  The Tamiya rack at my LHS has been 3/4 empty since the summer.

That's very interesting!  We're not too far away from you, over here.  Hmm, I never noticed it, we were pretty well stocked.  Well, I'm glad you can get what you need now.

Posted by ps1scw on Thursday, February 2, 2012 11:44 AM

TarnShip

"Hopefully, the shortage will be over soon."

I am surprised that we haven't seen 100 posts about this on all the forums

I was at the LHS on Saturday, noticed and commented that his Tamiya rack was filled back up,,,,,,he said they are back to "regular status" with his wholesale supplier

As many people that were bothered by the shortage, I would have thought there would be a run on the paints after they replenished in the racks

I am glad for all you folks that use the paints, though,,,,,nothing worse than not being able to buy your favorite paint, glue or putty

With no paint some of us went outside and discovered sunshine, fresh air and the sound of birds.  :)

Posted by wjt619 on Thursday, July 19, 2012 1:23 PM

hey guys,

My local hobby shop in Boston STILL are claiming that they cannot get them restocked! Its the middle of July now. Any ideas as to whats going on?

If anyones knows of hobby shops around boston, ma that is stocking, please drop me a line.

I am getting frustrated with this extremely long recall.

Thanks!

Posted by NervousEnergy on Saturday, July 21, 2012 8:46 PM

Can you not just order them online?  I'm one of those that never noticed the shortage... when you do online ordering such niceties as required shelf labeling aren't an issue.  I'm used to getting Mr Color paints that don't even have an english label.

Order enough at once so that your shipping costs are lower than your local sales tax and you even come out ahead.  You just don't get to use them for a few days.

Posted by the Baron on Tuesday, July 24, 2012 12:08 PM

NervousEnergy

Can you not just order them online?  I'm one of those that never noticed the shortage... when you do online ordering such niceties as required shelf labeling aren't an issue.  I'm used to getting Mr Color paints that don't even have an english label.

Order enough at once so that your shipping costs are lower than your local sales tax and you even come out ahead.  You just don't get to use them for a few days.

I'll second that.  I usually order my rattle-can Tamiya aircraft colors online from Tamiya USA, because I usually order in larger quantities than HobbyTown stocks.  They usually arrive in a couple days. 

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.