SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

Italeri Iraq 5-ton Guntruck at Nuremberg Show

0 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
Italeri Iraq 5-ton Guntruck at Nuremberg Show
Posted by HeavyArty on Wednesday, February 1, 2012 4:50 PM
Italeri has a drawing of an upcoming Iraq war M923 Guntruck at the Nuremberg show. It will most likely be based on their old M923 5-ton kit. Hopefully they update the really weak tires on it. I hope it comes out soon and is nice. I have been planning on scratching one for a while. I guess I will wait now.

The drawing.

It looks like this is the guntruck the drawing is depicting, "Ironhorse". Does anyone have more info on it?

Which appaerntly didn't make it...

but it did it's job well, the crew all survived:

"A gun truck, with an armor kit developed by Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory researchers and engineers, was struck by an improvised explosive device on March 23, 2005, southwest of Fallujah, Iraq. All seven U.S. soldiers in the vehicle at the time of the attack walked away unharmed."

The armor is a standard protective kit for the cab and bed of the trucks, like these.

They also show the Land Rover 109 Series III coming back. We'll see if they update it at all as well.

Trumpeter is also showing their armored cab M1083 FMTV as well. Hopefully it will be out soon too.

Gino P. Quintiliani - Field Artillery - The KING of BATTLE!!!

Check out my Gallery: https://app.photobucket.com/u/HeavyArty

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.