SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

How to make elmer's glue spray well

6 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
How to make elmer's glue spray well
Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 4:59 PM
I tried putting elmer's glue mixed with water in a spray bottle, but it won't mist, just comes out as a stream. what to do?

Posted by maffen on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 5:18 PM
hi Wink [;)], never used elmer before because you can't find it over here,been using just white woodgleu/water in ratio 50/50 and in a perfuumbottle and had no problems with it. maybe your nozzle is busted or glogded or if it is one you can turn to adjust the spraypattern turn it open and glose a few times ... or just use a other spraybottle Tongue [:P]
Posted by HeavyArty on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 5:18 PM
Try either thinning it out more or adjusting the tip on the spray bottle for a finer spray.

Gino P. Quintiliani - Field Artillery - The KING of BATTLE!!!

Check out my Gallery: https://app.photobucket.com/u/HeavyArty

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

Posted by cplchilly on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 8:41 PM
I would also put a couple of drops or dish soap and mix it well, I have tried a sprayer with elmers before and I had to use a lot of water in the ratio and clean the nozzle alot as it clogged fast. Now I just use a cup and a brush less of a hastle to me.
[img]http://members.fcc.net/ice9/badge.jpg
Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, December 9, 2004 9:28 PM
I would also try to use very little glue unless you need it to stick pretty good.
Posted by Anonymous on Friday, December 10, 2004 3:09 AM
I've had the same problem, I have mixed to almost water and it still won't spray or mist, just a stream. Fortunately, I only use it for gluing ground/grass in my dio's and a soaking doesn't seem to hurt it at all.

Don
Posted by TigerII on Thursday, December 30, 2004 1:16 AM
cplchilly, thanks for reminding me and the rest of us about the drops of dishwashing liquid in the glue and water mixture. That helps keep the nozzles of the spray bottles from clogging up.

TigerII
Achtung Panzer! Colonel General Heinz Guderian
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.