SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

T-72 Question

4 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
T-72 Question
Posted by Townsy11 on Monday, November 26, 2007 7:45 PM

Hi all,

I was looking for paint schemes for my Zvezda T-72b and stumbled across this pic on google:

I really like the look of it and I'm probably going to do it but I cant find any additional pictures of the camo scheme. I'm just wondering, does anyone know what country these are used by (I noticed the flag is not russian) and if there are any other photos of it. Thanks for any help.

Chris,

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."-- General George S. Patton
Posted by Manic Moran on Monday, November 26, 2007 8:17 PM

Looks like the standard current Russian colour scheme. The flags could well be regimental, not national flags. Never seen it on a -72 before though.

NTM

The difference between infantrymen and cavalrymen is that cavalrymen die faster for we ride into battle!

Posted by Zero Enna on Monday, November 26, 2007 8:25 PM

Those T-72 in the pic are in fact, Russian T-72Bs. You'll not find anymore pictures of T-72Bs painted like those, I know because I built one of those and I only found that pic, but you can find T-90 pictures with a very simmilar color scheme. I suggest you to use armor sand, medium green and black for the camo. Most regards.

José 

"Vivir venciendo o morir matando"
Posted by Townsy11 on Monday, November 26, 2007 9:05 PM

Thanks Manic for the additional pics and Zero for the info. Hopefully my airbrushing skills are up to the task. Thanks again.

Chris,

edit: I just noticed the scheme is the same on all 3 tanks I wonder why they had to make them look identical--parade purposes?

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."-- General George S. Patton
Posted by Manic Moran on Monday, November 26, 2007 10:53 PM

You'll note that that's pretty much the case with colour schemes with all countries, give or take. There's a standard mask at the factory.

NTM

The difference between infantrymen and cavalrymen is that cavalrymen die faster for we ride into battle!

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.