SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

Arii 1/32 Zero A6M5c kit, is it any good?

4 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
Arii 1/32 Zero A6M5c kit, is it any good?
Posted by therriman on Friday, December 26, 2003 11:12 AM
Was wondering if this kit is any good. Would like to do a 1/32 Zero and price of Tamiya kit scares me. I can get this for about $20. Would I be wasting my moneyQuestion [?]Question [?]
Tim H. "If your alone and you meet a Zero, run like hell. Your outnumbered" Capt Joe Foss, Guadalcanal 1942 Real Trucks have 18 wheels. Anything less is just a Toy! I am in shape. Hey, Round is a shape! Reality is a concept not yet proven.
Posted by J-Hulk on Friday, December 26, 2003 11:44 AM
Howdy, Tim!
Arii sells a 1/32 Zero? Didn't know that. Are you sure it's not the Doyusha kit?
I've built a few of their 1/48 kits (ex-Otaki), and they're certainly worth the money, if you can stand the huge sunken rivets!
~Brian
Posted by therriman on Friday, December 26, 2003 12:50 PM
Hi Brian!!
It might be the Doyusha kit for all I know. I don't do very many aircraft. BTW was at LHS today and didn't buy a Tamiya 1/48 A6M2 kit 61016 (I think), for $12.50. NEVER seen a 1/48 Tamiya that CHEAP. Almost bought, but had about 58 dollars in other stuff, and had to make a sacifice.Banged Head [banghead]
Tim H. "If your alone and you meet a Zero, run like hell. Your outnumbered" Capt Joe Foss, Guadalcanal 1942 Real Trucks have 18 wheels. Anything less is just a Toy! I am in shape. Hey, Round is a shape! Reality is a concept not yet proven.
Posted by Anonymous on Friday, December 26, 2003 6:31 PM
QUOTE: Originally posted by therriman

Hi Brian!!
It might be the Doyusha kit for all I know. I don't do very many aircraft. BTW was at LHS today and didn't buy a Tamiya 1/48 A6M2 kit 61016 (I think), for $12.50. NEVER seen a 1/48 Tamiya that CHEAP. Almost bought, but had about 58 dollars in other stuff, and had to make a sacifice.Banged Head [banghead]

That's an old tool Tamiya kit. It's not much better than the 1/48th scale Otakis in my opinion.
Posted by J-Hulk on Saturday, December 27, 2003 6:59 AM
QUOTE: Originally posted by hungfarlow

QUOTE: Originally posted by therriman

Hi Brian!!

That's an old tool Tamiya kit. It's not much better than the 1/48th scale Otakis in my opinion.

I agree with that!
If you want a great 1/48 Zero, go Hasegawa.
If you want a great 1/32 Zero, Go Tamiya.
If you want a great 1/24 Zero. go Trumpeter.

I have the old Bandai 1/24 Zero (and Shiden-kai), and they are some big, clunky kits!
Got 'em for about 15 bucks each, though!
~Brian
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.