SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

Eduard - Great Customer Service

5 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
Eduard - Great Customer Service
Posted by stevedb227 on Wednesday, April 28, 2010 11:23 PM

Greetings!

Just wanted to tell of the best customer service I have experienced in a long time.   I am building two Type VII Revell U-Boats and purchased two sets of the Eduard PE.   Toward the end of construction of the first one I totally mangled one of six lower hull intakes.   Its about a 1/2" long and, while I could have skipped it, the boat just did not look right without it.

I emailed Eduard and told them the story and supplying the kit number and part number of the item told then I would like to purchase a replacement.   A couple of days later a reply came that if I forwarded my mailing address they would send me the part.

A little over two weeks later (today) a thin box arrived.   When I opened it Eduard had shipped me FREE a full replacement set of PE for the U-Boat.   While the cost might be minimal to Eduard, to we modeller's that purchase PE on a regular basis it can be quite expensive.

In closing I just want people to know that if you do lose/destroy a kit part and cannot manufacture a replacement yourself then make sure you contact the company.   Not all will be this generous but its certainly worth the effort.

When you are up to your neck in alligators it is difficult to remember the original objective was to drain the swamp!

Posted by artabr on Thursday, April 29, 2010 12:10 AM

This is nice to hear. Ya gotta love a company that loves it's customers. Yes

Art

God & the soldier we like adore, In times of trouble not before. When troubles ended & all things righted God is forgotten & the soldier is slighted.       Francis Quarles 1592-1644
Posted by tankerbuilder on Friday, April 30, 2010 4:36 PM

Hi, I had the same experience with them.I was given a 1/350 U.S.S. NORTH CAROLINA as a christmas present,with an EDUARD P.E. ,FULL set. I messed up the radars when I tried to shape them.I tried TOMS.(very good,but not what I was looking for).I wrote EDUARD as you did.I explained that I messed up the parts(this was my first shot at P.E. .Two weeks later after I had even told them I would PAY for the set, they sent me a complete new set!!! Now, that prompted me to write a thank you ,I,ll say.That,s customer service over and above what we usually get!!! I can,t always find their product for a ship but I try real hard before I buy elsewhere.I still Use TOM,S and GOLD MEDAL  wherever as well.Kudo,s to EDUARD fro setting the bar higher!.P.S. Before TOM,S untimely passing he would do the same if he saw a logical reason and a really trUthful modeler.He,d done the same for me when I ordered the wrong parts.I got the wrong parts I paid for and THE RIGHT ONES GRATIS.   tankerbuilder

Posted by Wabashwheels on Friday, April 30, 2010 4:50 PM

I too had a great experience with Eduard.  Did you deal with a North American Distributor or Eduard directly?  I had ordered some aircraft sets directly from them and got really quick shipment, but postage from Europe was understandably very high.  If you check their website, they have an unbelievable selection of products at very reasonable prices.  I wish it would be easier to to locate more of them domestically.  All in all they seem to be a very good company.  Rick

Posted by Bish on Friday, April 30, 2010 5:35 PM

This is really nice to hear. I have alot of eduard sets, both armour and aircraft, waiting to be used. Nice to hear if i have any problems they will help me out. Here in the UK they are fairly easy to get hold of, Hannants has just about every set they do.

I just hope there good service isn't going to be abused by people wanting to make some money.

I am a Norfolk man and i glory in being so

On the bench: Airfix 1/72nd Harrier GR.3/Fujimi 1/72nd Ju 87D-3

Posted by stevedb227 on Thursday, May 13, 2010 2:03 PM

Yes I emailed directly to the Prague office to customer service.   They forwarded to appropriate person who kindly emailed back to me for my address, etc.

Have always liked their selection and I too use Gold Medal and others when required.   And Bish, your comment is quite correct in this day and age.   Lets hope that this quality of service is not abused and ruin it for those of us who genuinely need it.

When you are up to your neck in alligators it is difficult to remember the original objective was to drain the swamp!

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.