SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

100% Scratchbuilt "Amish Buggy Silhouette"

21 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
100% Scratchbuilt "Amish Buggy Silhouette"
Posted by White_R34 on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 4:49 AM

Well hello every one, this project is a commission build for one of my sisters kids. It's and older version of the Amish two seater buggy. Here's a photo of one as you have seen the to day.

The version I'm working on will be based on a 1940s' style. I feel tht the style of the newer and up to date versions. Look a bit boring. So here's my start and some of my work from yesterday.

Let me know what you think. All good and bad comments are welcome.....

Tags: Amish Buggy
Building the Impossible Is my main goal!!
Posted by White_R34 on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 4:52 AM

Here's some upto date work. Later to day I hope to start on the axle and wheels.

Posted by SuppressionFire on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 6:07 AM

Nice scratch building White_R34.

Idea It would make a cool diorama of a sports car behind not able to pass with a play on the Eagles song:

'life in the slow lane'

Make the car really fast like a Ferrari or Lamborghini! It could also be a play on how transportation has come full circle with the Buggy passing the broken down or out of gas sports car!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/razordws/GB%20Badges/WMIIIGBsmall.jpg

Posted by jetmodeler on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 6:13 AM

Looks good so far.

Posted by Don Stauffer on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 9:15 AM

Looks great!  I'd like to do some horsedrawn vehicles.  Did do the Lindberg Civil War cannon and limber, and have the stagecoach, which I hope to do this winter.  I bought plans for a couple of horsedrawn vehicles- Conestoga wagon and a Red River ox cart, but need to build a spoking jig before I do either of those.

Don Stauffer in Minnesota

Posted by White_R34 on Friday, December 17, 2010 1:51 PM

Thanks for the grate idera (SuppressionF.) An thanks to you oteres for your comments. I do plan on doing a dio of this buggy. Now doing the wheels is a realy hard thing to do. Here's a cheap 2D wheels I'm using for my first buggy.

Posted by White_R34 on Sunday, December 19, 2010 5:21 PM

Hello every one here's a bit more work for you eye to pop over. "LOL"

Now the buggy is not finished yet as I have more really smll detaill to add to it., but this is what I have so far.

Posted by Lufbery on Sunday, December 19, 2010 9:57 PM

Nice work! I'm really impressed by both your technique and how things have turned out so far. :)

Regards,

-Drew

Build what you like; like what you build.

Posted by SuppressionFire on Monday, December 20, 2010 6:07 AM

Really like the suspension! It looks real as it is functionable.

In this scale round toothpicks would be close to the right size for the wheel spokes. I usually avoid painting wood as simple items like shovel handles ect. are easily replaced with wood.

Looking forward to seeing the buggy progress, thanks for the WIP's of the undercarriage.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/razordws/GB%20Badges/WMIIIGBsmall.jpg

Posted by White_R34 on Saturday, December 25, 2010 7:20 AM

I have added a bit more detail to the buggy and I'll be painting to day. Then I'll start on adding items to the horse. Now seeing that I will be building one more moden buggy. I will build one with round spokes. Oh and BTW that buid will go on in this post as well.

Posted by White_R34 on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 9:24 PM

Here's my latest work..... Your going to love what's up next....

Posted by White_R34 on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 9:27 PM

This is what I was talking about!

Here I'm working on buggy and road signs.

This photo was shot just before i started work on the dio.

Posted by White_R34 on Friday, December 31, 2010 4:32 PM

Here's some of my work from earlyer to day. Now I'm not done yeat as I have more color to add. Oh and BTW the scale here is 1/20.

Posted by tankerbuilder on Wednesday, January 12, 2011 6:54 PM

Hey DON! hows it going?? I too am in process on the LINDBERG - WELLS FARGO COACH. The thing I have noticed , every time I go in the bank is all the pictures are of that type of coach with a six horse team. I asked a manager about that and she checked . they could NOT find one picture of the coach and four. It has always been the coach and six. Now ,just to set the record straight this kit is the one that was originally a PYRO/LIFE-LIKE  release and even then it was a coach and four. Are you going to do a kick butt detail job? I asked that because , you need to remember the springing system on that coach was heavy leather straps mounted lengthwise on the frame.I have cut up a pair of leather gloves (dress) to get what I need.As to the extra pair of horses, you rig the gear as you would for the front pair.The gloves also supplied the window shades. I would like to see one done as the WELLS FARGO COACH by someone besides me.When I am done with mine I am going to give it to the bank.I wish someone would do the high road coach and four like they used in EUROPE and the early days in this country. The time in history had many land vehicles that would be interesting to see in miniature.Do you still have your 20 mule team borax wagons? I still have mine!  tankerbuilder

Posted by White_R34 on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 12:11 AM

You have a really grate idea there with that Europe high road coach. Sorry I have not posted for some time, as I have bean working on this baby on my home forum. So here some up to date progress photo.

the Road sign and the rear of that sign.

Posted by White_R34 on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 12:36 AM

Now here's the finished horse. Now I'm working on mounting every thing to it's base, Once I have that done I'll post those photos and my start on the next buggy. The "Horse" come's from Hobby Lobby and was repainted by Me!Cool

From this :

To this:

Posted by White_R34 on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 2:28 PM

Hello all, I got this amish buggy finally finished. Take a look,  BTW sorry for the fuzzy photos and the poor backgrounds.Huh?

Posted by White_R34 on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 2:35 PM

Hay do you all think this one would make it in to the Mag. Well I'm going to re-shoot the dio over a large white background, an send it in.

Let my know what you ll think about this build. WhistlingWhistling

Posted by spadx111 on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 5:30 PM

Yes nice work .Thats a big horse.Ron

Posted by White_R34 on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 10:22 PM

Yep I could have made the buggy a little taller.

Posted by oldthudman on Saturday, February 12, 2011 7:35 PM

Excellent work!............The Amish Buggies, I think, are really neat..............

UNT Eagles; Veteran USAF
Posted by SprueOne on Saturday, February 12, 2011 8:34 PM

outstanding 100% total scratch build. Very resourceful with the details.

it has a sort of chop top, rat rod look to it. And I mean that in the highest compliment Yes Big Smile 

Tags: Amish Buggy

Anyone with a good car don't need to be justified - Hazel Motes

Iron Rails 2015 by Wayne Cassell Weekend Madness sprueone

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.