SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

Blackhawk Engine Photos

22 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
Blackhawk Engine Photos
Posted by Screaminhelo on Wednesday, July 27, 2011 9:40 AM

I had, long ago, said that I would post some pics of Blackhawk engines and I got busy and deployed.  Finally, here are some shots of the GE-T700-701C engine.

The #2, or right side engine is first.  The front of the engine is to the right.

Now, the #1, or left side engine

Notice that the #1 and #2 engines have different types of starters.  The silver colored one on the #1 side is a newer type and they are inter-changeable.

Let me know if there are any questions regarding components that I did not identify.

Mac

I Didn't do it!!!

Posted by RotorHead10 on Wednesday, July 27, 2011 6:35 PM

That wouldn't happen to be a "no servicing required" Parker-Hannafin starter would it?   Current Jayhawk mechanic sends Wink

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn48/MikeTheModeller/GB_Badges/Phantom2011_1.jpg

Posted by BaBill212 on Wednesday, July 27, 2011 6:55 PM

Great pictures Blackhawk,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks for sharing!!

Bill

Enjoy the ride!

Posted by Screaminhelo on Thursday, July 28, 2011 8:48 AM

RotorHead10

That wouldn't happen to be a "no servicing required" Parker-Hannafin starter would it?   Current Jayhawk mechanic sends Wink

You win the cupie doll!!!  I will celebrate the day when I no longer have to check and service starters!

Mac

I Didn't do it!!!

Posted by lastastronaut on Saturday, July 30, 2011 3:40 PM

These pics are really great and very helpful. I would LOVE to get ahold of as many detail and specific shots like this as possible. For right now, I would say that I'll focus on the front office,with attention to things like the seats and hardware,collective/cyclic,and a bit of a departure from the front office,If you have any shots of the thomas link assembly or components,that would be great.

Im trying to go completely nuts on a 1/100 accurate miniatures 60-L,and i would like to be able to do some panel removing to represent a 60-L being serviced, so id love to be able to see more guts and glory shots like the engine pics you posted.

Thank you so much for being willing to help us Rotor heads with great reference material.

"I feel more like I do now, than when I first got here."

Posted by Screaminhelo on Monday, August 1, 2011 12:46 PM

You lost me with the thomas link reference.  I may be able to get some photos tomorrow with the typical panels/covers opened for a daily.  Shots of the hydraulic deck will be a little tough here because of the limited number of maint. stands available.  I should be able to zoom in on the t/r g/b pretty well though.  I won't promise anything though, things are a little fluid for me right now.

Mac

I Didn't do it!!!

Posted by lastastronaut on Monday, August 1, 2011 9:44 PM

Im sorry. I was actually referring to the tail rotor drive shaft sections held together by what I believe are called "thomas couplings" for the ani-fatigue measure. I just referred to the whole assembly as a thomas link which is incorrect. My apologies.

I will appreciate all and any pics you're able to get,and have no complaints if there are some you cannot get for any reason. I just appreciate that you are providing the resource. Thanks again. Cory.

Posted by RotorHead10 on Monday, August 1, 2011 10:52 PM

Thomas couplings=Flex packs?

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn48/MikeTheModeller/GB_Badges/Phantom2011_1.jpg

Posted by phoneguy on Tuesday, August 2, 2011 5:51 PM

thanks screaminhelo.  mind if i copy some of the photos??  Im working on a uh-60l.

Lastastronaut, I got a schematic from a friend Ill try to post pics.

On the Bench:

B-29 Superfortress

1/48th A-6E Bomber

Welcome to Wal-Mart:  Get your stuff and get the HECK Out! 

Shut up, I'll Keel U!

Posted by phoneguy on Tuesday, August 2, 2011 5:54 PM

k, that worked. here's the rest.  hope these help.

On the Bench:

B-29 Superfortress

1/48th A-6E Bomber

Shut up, I'll Keel U!

Posted by Screaminhelo on Thursday, August 4, 2011 3:54 PM

Feel free to copy the pics.  They are my originals and intended for the benefit of the members of the forum.

Lastastronuut- You are working on 1/100 scale Hawk?  If so, the flex packs would amount to about .005" or less in that scale but I'll get a couple of shots so you can get the "it looks about right" factor there.  The viscous damper and fittings on the ends of the shafts will be the key to achieving ILAR.

Mac

I Didn't do it!!!

Posted by lastastronaut on Thursday, August 4, 2011 10:25 PM

Yes sir. I am way beyond appreciative of just how helpful you and phoneguy have been for getting reference pics and visual materials posted for use by all. I did one of the accurate miniatures 1/100 scale helos about 12 years ago. It required some scrachbuild modifications as some of the pices in that scale were either too simplistic or a bit over scale. I had to scratch the VHF Homing aerials on both sides of the fuselage,most of the cockpit and the console shroud, the crew compartment was scratched with 8 jump seats from wire etc etc.

It was actually my first attempt at buiilding and detailing something that small, and actually finishing it. I will try to get the pics posted here, but please keep in mind that it was my first helo build since the Jet ranger i slapped together with a pile of glue as a kid.

Thank you again,and thank you Phone guy for the reference visuals. These are a gold mine.

Posted by lastastronaut on Thursday, August 4, 2011 10:32 PM

Screaminhelo, sorry, i dont think i answered your question. Yes, the thomas couplings are the flex packs. There will be  ALOT of different very small gauge wire and piping used to represent the guts and glory.

Those tiny little "tron city scape" electronic pieces you find on electronics motherboards, work really well to represent all the avionics and electronics/radar bits in that scale.

Posted by Screaminhelo on Friday, August 5, 2011 3:12 AM

It looks like it will be next week before I can post pictures but they are forth coming.  I am in awe of anyone who would enter into a detailing project of a helicopter in 1/100.  As they say, helicopters are simply 10,000 parts flying in formation.  I am always happy to offer input/suggestions/insight on the -60.  I even ave access to some Navy -60s but can't get pics but I can look and report.

Mac

I Didn't do it!!!

Posted by lastastronaut on Saturday, August 6, 2011 9:09 PM

Okay, im not sure how to make it work posting pics here, but I'll try to post the pics of the first attempt at a 1/100 scale blackhawk kit that i did about 10-12 years ago. Not sure exactly. Please bear in mind that this was my first helicopter build since i was about 8ish years old. That was built when i was about 28 or 29.

this model was actually a composite of attributes and features of a few different Blackhawk platform types that i liked. The kit was actually that of the bird that never saw full production, the "nighthawk" clearly recognizable by the up ward canted ESSS pylons.

So in lieu of making it a hybrid of different birds, i extensivley modified or added things that may or may not be seen from one to the next. I know its not the greatest build job, but my next one will be the result of lessons and methods learned. Such is modeling eh?

Posted by lastastronaut on Saturday, August 6, 2011 9:12 PM

OKay so Im not having any luck figuring out how to post pics here. I know there has to be a way as evidenced by the obvious. any ideas guys?

Posted by Screaminhelo on Sunday, August 7, 2011 1:48 PM

lastastronaut

OKay so Im not having any luck figuring out how to post pics here. I know there has to be a way as evidenced by the obvious. any ideas guys?

I'll give you the short version here but you can go to the help forum for more detailed instructions.

First, register with one of the many picture hosting sites out there, I use Photobucket.  Once you are registered there, you upload the photos that you want to post to the hosting site and then it is as easy as copying the IMG link (in Photobucket) and pasting it into your post.  The image link will have [img] at either end of the link.  I imagine that the insert media button will add the [img] code if the hosting site you choose doesn't have an image link option.

Mac

I Didn't do it!!!

Posted by lastastronaut on Sunday, August 7, 2011 8:55 PM

Awesome. Thank you so much. For some reason the pics seem to be really small from my scanner,and i cant make them bigger which is disappointing since it makes it really hard to see any of the details up close, but here goes.

Posted by phoneguy on Monday, August 8, 2011 3:31 PM

pics look good.  Glad to help.  I got the reference sheet from a friend who used to fly them.  I need to start on my 1/35th again.  I'm still working on deciding how I want to display it tho.  Maybe that is why im working on the prowler first

On the Bench:

B-29 Superfortress

1/48th A-6E Bomber

Shut up, I'll Keel U!

Posted by Screaminhelo on Tuesday, August 9, 2011 11:54 AM

Here are a couple of shots of the flex packs

And now, with some cowlings open

I didn't think to take some picture before I got started.  We had a little dust blow through the evening before and she was a sugar cookie in the morning, these were taken shortly after a quick rinse off.  Y'all would have gotten a kick out of seeing the before pictures!

Here is a link to and album with more pictures:  Mac's Hawks

Please let me know if there are any problems with the link

Mac

I Didn't do it!!!

Posted by Sprue-ce Goose on Tuesday, August 9, 2011 12:05 PM

Screaminhelo

Thanks for the interesting photos.

Make a nice comparison to my recollections of 1980s era Cobra 'copters.

Though I don't normally build helicopters, I'm always interested in what makes 'em go.

BTW...link came up for me as no webpage found.

Posted by Screaminhelo on Tuesday, August 9, 2011 12:11 PM

I had some trouble with the link, you must have tried the link while I was messing with it Goose.  It should work just fine now.  I guess I need to learn more about PB though, the link seems to log in to my account.  I'll work on updating the link but I'll just leave it the way it is for now.  Enjoy

Mac

I Didn't do it!!!

Posted by Sprue-ce Goose on Tuesday, August 9, 2011 12:37 PM

Thank you !

Fascinating detail !

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.