SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

Is a large scale SHADO Mobile still available

4 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
Is a large scale SHADO Mobile still available
Posted by RT4957 on Thursday, April 14, 2005 12:10 PM
A couple years ago I thought I saw a SHADO Mobile kit that was kinda large,and large in purchase amount too.

Who made it if anyone knows,and is it still offered?

I did a search for it and can`t find it.

Thanks for any help
Phil/Rt4957
Posted by cmtaylor on Sunday, April 17, 2005 4:11 PM
There was one advertised by variously 'Studio 2' and Marixan. If memory serves it was studio scale (20" long) and around £200
It's actually not that difficult a scratchbuild, providing you can find suitable running gear (Tiger Joe tank)
Gentlemen! You can't fight in here; this is the WAR ROOM!
Posted by Anonymous on Monday, April 18, 2005 9:47 PM
Phil,

I doubt it's what your looking for, but fabgearusa is selling a re-release of the old Imai kit. No scale is given, and it looks rather toy-ish. Price is 29.95.

Al
Posted by cmtaylor on Thursday, April 21, 2005 4:56 PM
it's approximately 1/64th scale, if Memory serves; around7" in length
Gentlemen! You can't fight in here; this is the WAR ROOM!
Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, April 30, 2005 10:30 PM
I saw mention of the Marixian one as well, but never heard of any official release beyond that Oct 3rd 1999 post. I expect the failure was probably due to the astronomical price of the kit, and rarity of the chassis it needed.

I ~do~ remember eBay having a Mobile shell about that size up a bit later, in 2000 sometime, so its possible Marixian gave up and sold off their master-shell. This seems likely, as the Marixian kit never materialised, and if they were counting on presales, it would explain the flop. Who would pre-buy without owning the rare chassis?

I remember a company in the US having images of the shell on their web-site, a bad-rep firm by the name of RC-Tank (no relation to any current company) They were pre-selling military tank kits, and then disappeared with a load of customer's cash. They resurfaced about a year later in California, and once again pursued, vanished, taking the shell into obscurity.

If anyone DOES get word of it... let me know? I just bagged a 'Tiger Joe' chassis, and had hopes of making a SHADO-Mobile of it.

WhiteWolf
(hoping they make Region 1 or 0 DVD's of the UFO series)
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.