SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

Monogram/Hasegawa 1/32 Bf 109G-6 Kitbash

4 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
Monogram/Hasegawa 1/32 Bf 109G-6 Kitbash
Posted by FlyBoy38L1 on Monday, December 26, 2005 10:12 AM

Well christmas leftovers never seemed so great.  Last Christmas I recieved a Hasegawa 1/32 Bf-109G-6.  But I had to leave for a vacation to Las Vegas and San Fran. the day after.  Luckily I found a Hobby Town USA an I picked up a Verlindin Detail set.  After I came on home I started on the kit.  But it turned out preatty baddly because it was my very first major detailing effort.

So last week I snached a Monogram 1/32 Bf-109G-4 for a total of $20.  I was amazed to find out they were the same mold, just about.  So now I have my last years christmas left overs and my new kit that i'm going to kitbash into a G-6.  This will redeme myself from from doing my poor job on the Hasegawa kit. 

Here's what is left of the Hasegawa Kit......

...and here is the brand spankin' new Monogram Kit....

I'll be updating this post as I move along but it will be very slow progress due to school after holiday break.Sad [:(]

FlyBoy38L

"You jabroni....."
Posted by Anonymous on Monday, December 26, 2005 11:03 AM
Good luck and can't wait to see photos of the build!
Posted by FlyBoy38L1 on Wednesday, December 28, 2005 5:10 PM

I've been working on the cockpit and here it is for now.  I just need to do the interior walls and then the dials.  After that comes putting to two halfs together!

Might have some more pics later tonight!

"You jabroni....."
Posted by FlyBoy38L1 on Sunday, January 1, 2006 3:02 PM

The pilot's office is now complete!  I just need to put the halfs together and insert the seat.  I added more weathering to it since I was woking on it.  I think it is a bit to much.  Seeming as tommarrow school starts again i'm not going to be able to post as much as I did.

Here's how it looks....

"You jabroni....."
Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, January 4, 2006 2:53 PM
Not bad for your first attempt, the pilots office loks great. Keep us updated, and the pictures flowin.

Jordan

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.