testing photobucket

1 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
testing photobucket
Posted by grhornet on Wednesday, July 5, 2006 7:46 PM
Documents and Settings\Richard  Howard\My
building C-121 RF-F4C
Posted by Bgrigg on Wednesday, July 5, 2006 9:13 PM
Looks like your having a bit of trouble.

Photobucket makes it fairly easy to host pics. But there are some things you need to do in the proper order. Note that I am currently testing Windows Vista so your screens will look slightly different:
1) Identify the images you want to upload to photobucket. you may want to create a folder just for that. I put mine on the desktop where I can find it. Call it Photobucket or something equally identifiable. Once you've decided on the image(s) copy them (don't move them) to the Photobucket folder.
2) Open your web browser and logon to your photobucket account. You should be looking at two tabs: Image Upload & Video Upload. Ignore the Video one for now. Just below the tabs are two cells: Image & Description, to the right of the Image is "Browse" Go ahead and push that.

3) Now Browse for that image you want to upload and select it by double clicking on it.

4) Type in a description if you want and push submit.

5) You should see a screen saying Upload Successful! Now scroll down to see your Album.

6) Highlight the IMG code

and copy by holding down the "ctrl" & "C" keys at the same time <ctrl-C>, now go to the post you want it in and <Ctrl-V> to paste in place. You should see something like this (only without spaces):

[ IMG ]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/astr8shooter/Album.gif[ /IMG ]

Push the "Preview" button to view before post, and once you're happy Post the pic!

So long folks!

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.