SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

HH-60G update

6 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
HH-60G update
Posted by HeavyArty on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 6:42 PM

Progress on the HH-60G continues.  The interior is complete. 

I modified the aux tank to be a single tank and added a bunch of gear from various places, some homemade.   The center-line ammo box was modified so that the ammo drive motors actually line up with where the ammo comes out.  The side that has the one motor is wrong and needs to be cut down the middle and the motor moved to the right side.  I added gauges from a UH-1 instrument panel decal that I cut into individual instruments and placed on the instrument panel.  The Camelbak is from a figure set, with drinking tube and straps added.  The backboard is from the ProArt DumVee set.  I haven't decided if I will add the gunners seats or use 40mm ammo cans for them.  Let me know what you think.

Here it is:

More pics here.

Part 1 of the build can be seen here.

Gino P. Quintiliani - Field Artillery - The KING of BATTLE!!!

Check out my Gallery: https://app.photobucket.com/u/HeavyArty

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

Posted by electric linemen on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 7:01 PM

Wow very nice, I like how you filled up the rear cabin. 

Ted.                    

Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 12:02 AM
WOW, all I can say.  That cockpit is incredible, you must spend about 60 hours alone on that!  Simply incredible!  makes me wish I had the patience...Bow [bow]
Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 1:35 AM
 electric linemen wrote:

Wow very nice, I like how you filled up the rear cabin. 

Ted.                    

That aint the half of it.  Sadly, that's always the problem working out of the P-hawk.  Things are a little better now with the external gun mounts/ammo bins but she still just was never reallydesigned for CSAR.  She is a hotrod though and built like a brick Sh%$ house.

Gino,

PM sent.  The only problems I see are that the stokes is too wide and when we use a single internal aux fuel tank she's always mounted on the left side of the acft.  Never seen it on the right side.  Consequently the hole remaining on the right side is where the gear rack is installed and where we store the penetrator and raft.  that way they're close to the hoist side and FEs station.  Most of the gear bags we use are orange or yellow (MA-1, raft, etc.).  Front office looks great! The ammo bins look good and I sent a good pic of the top in the PM so you can modify her a little.  It shows both link/belt driver motors/chutes on the front/top (staggared a little) and then how they're connected to the two driverless chutes (no motor) at the top rear of the bins.  That's how they feed from the entire bin....you'll see what I mean when you see the pic.  The PM also has some good shots of additional plumbing above the aux fuel tank if you want to make it a little more "busier" up there.  Fire extinguisher bottles are actually that lime yellow color.  The backboard is fine how ya got it, but we generally stow it inside the stokes (saves room).  I know if ya did that you wouldn't be able to show it off as well and it does look good, but your call.  

Sorry brutha not trying to be a butthead but I know how much of a stickler to details you are so that's why I figured I'd give ya the nine-line brief.  She is lookin mighty dang sweet though.

Posted by Avus on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 1:36 AM

Great work, Gino!

I've been looking at your other posts, too. Great build you got going on there.
You're a master at adding those tiny details that make your model look lived. In this case it's that "Camelbak" hanging from the ceiling that struck me.

No need to say: keep us posted!

Klaus

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Posted by HeavyArty on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 2:22 AM

Thanks Gents.  Glad you all like it.

Sal,

Thanks for the info.  Great pics.  I'll be adding a few thing based on your data.  I know the backboard may be off, but as you said, I like the way it looks there.  I didn't know about the port side only deal on the aux tank.  I may swap it, I'll think about it, not sure since it is all glued in.

Gino P. Quintiliani - Field Artillery - The KING of BATTLE!!!

Check out my Gallery: https://app.photobucket.com/u/HeavyArty

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

Posted by skypirate1 on Wednesday, February 21, 2007 6:31 AM
Lookin good Gino, cockpit detail is great Smile [:)]
While the rest of the crew may be in the same predicament, it's almost always the pilot's job to arrive at the crash site first.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.