SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

1/30 Starcraft Marine/Trench Diorama

9 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
1/30 Starcraft Marine/Trench Diorama
Posted by IanIsBored2000 on Thursday, October 25, 2007 4:33 PM

This guy just looks so tough and badCensored [censored], I couldn't resist.  He's a Terran Marine from the game Starcraft.  The kit is 1/30 by Academy.  The decals are just random things left over from 1/35 AFV's.  The trench boards were made from popsicle sticks, corrugated metal is lead foil, and such.  I poured a little resin for water in the trench to make a stagnant muddy puddle too.

"Scanlon: work your knobby hands on the table in front of you, constructing a make-beleive bomb to blow up a make-beleive world."
Posted by Cosmic J on Thursday, January 17, 2008 5:41 AM

Niiice!

I had one of those Space Marine kits, and I just couldn't get it to look as good as yours.

Any chance of some close ups of the figure?

Posted by PatlaborUnit1 on Friday, January 18, 2008 12:26 PM

Nicely done!

David

Build to please yourself, and don't worry about what others think! TI 4019 Jolly Roger Squadron, 501st Legion
Posted by KirkTrekModeler on Monday, January 21, 2008 11:38 AM
Awesome work indeed. Thanks for sharing that!
Posted by IanIsBored2000 on Monday, January 21, 2008 4:02 PM
Glad you liked it! Unfortunately, I didn't take any good closeups before he left the house.
"Scanlon: work your knobby hands on the table in front of you, constructing a make-beleive bomb to blow up a make-beleive world."
Posted by KirkTrekModeler on Monday, January 21, 2008 7:23 PM
Will you get it back, can you show some photos then?
Posted by IanIsBored2000 on Thursday, January 31, 2008 9:02 PM
Unfortunately it was sold, so I can't get any close ups of the figure.  Thanks
Posted by ModelX on Thursday, January 31, 2008 9:04 PM
nice work ian
Model eXcellence
Posted by basiltank on Wednesday, February 6, 2008 1:09 PM
Having spent to many hours playing starcraft back in the day, i just want to say it looks awsome, but an idea if you ever do another one i s to find the hydralisk model that they made and do a dio with that.  JUst a thought; agian sweet job

Perhaps the most important lesson I have learned is that you should never argue with an idiot. The people around you may not be able to tell the difference.

Posted by smeagol the vile on Monday, June 9, 2008 2:29 AM
I just fell upon this thread while browsing.  I have been looking for the Terran Marine kit they put out, but I havent found one for a good price.  You did quite a good job with yours, even if that trench wouldnt protect him from a ling rush for a moment.

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.