SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

Cuting edge

10 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
Cuting edge
Posted by shahab on Friday, February 26, 2010 2:16 AM

does any other company make cutting edge products?

Posted by stikpusher on Friday, February 26, 2010 2:32 AM

no, and his stuff is getting gouged on Ebay for outrageous prices.

F is for FIRE, That burns down the whole town!

U is for URANIUM... BOMBS!

N is for NO SURVIVORS...

- Plankton

LSM

Posted by rjkplasticmod on Friday, February 26, 2010 7:55 AM

The previous owner of Meteor/Cutting Edge refused to sell any rights to continue making/marketing his products after his decision to shut down.  Ebay & high $ is you're best option.

Regards,  Rick

RICK At My Age, I've Seen It All, Done It All, But I Don't Remember It All...
Posted by Anonymous on Friday, February 26, 2010 8:16 AM

rjkplasticmod

The previous owner of Meteor/Cutting Edge refused to sell any rights to continue making/marketing his products after his decision to shut down.  Ebay & high $ is you're best option.

Regards,  Rick

Yeah, and there is a lot of buzz that it is he who is the one selling his over-priced stuff on e-bay to gouge modelers who he professes to want to help....

Posted by mucker on Friday, February 26, 2010 8:18 AM

Come on, Manny, don't take the joy out of his hobby....

Wink

Posted by Gordon D. King on Monday, March 1, 2010 10:19 AM

Periodically I receive an e-mail from Cutting Edge offering left over decals for sale. They are the same price as when he was in business. I know because I have bought some before and after he shut down. 

Posted by Bgrigg on Monday, March 1, 2010 10:25 AM

I get those, too. He used eBay as the reason he was shutting down, IIRC. He was PO'd selling decals to people who turned around and sold them on eBay for more money, and I can't really blame him.

His stuff was good, and is missed!

So long folks!

Posted by yardbird78 on Monday, March 1, 2010 5:04 PM

I bought several items from Meteor before they went out of business and I have also purchased several of the "special offer" decals from Dave since then.  I have always been totally satisfied with the quality of the items and overall purchase experience.  The modeling community is definately poorer for his AM items being no longer available on a regular basis.

Darwin, O.F.  Alien

The B-52 and me, we have grown old, gray and overweight together.

Posted by waikong on Tuesday, March 2, 2010 3:50 PM

how does one get on this mailing list, I would love to get a few of his decal sheets.

My website: http://waihobbies.wkhc.net

Posted by Plainsman on Tuesday, March 2, 2010 5:50 PM

waikong

how does one get on this mailing list, I would love to get a few of his decal sheets.

You don't.  There was an distinct "special offer" flavor about the decal emails.  In plain English, they were sent to "prefered" past customers.  Also, the offers were limited time and not to be repeated in the future. 

Most of what Mr. Klaus has done in the time since the business disolution is a bit along the odd path, but hey.  Whatever.  I imagine the line he walks is thin due to possible legal and financial ramifications left over from his divorce.  Just guessing.  His video essays lead you to believe otherwise, but since none of us really know him, who knows.  If it were me, and I was sitting on all those masters with the potential to make money (lots of money) off their production; I'd be in it in a heart beat.  But he seams adamant about never restarting the line.  Ever.  Go figure.  The outrageous ebay sales seem to only be limited to a few high demand items.  I've picked up several other items for honest money.  And from multiple sellers, by the way.

Darwin was right.  Cutting edge stuff is being missed regardless of how people viewed the man or the company.  I hope some of it comes back and I don't care who produces it.

Rick L.

Posted by yardbird78 on Tuesday, March 2, 2010 5:51 PM

He only mails out his "specials" list to previous Meteor customers.  The list that I received a couple days ago said that there will be only one more.

Darwin, O.F.  Alien

The B-52 and me, we have grown old, gray and overweight together.

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.