SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

THE GREAT WAR GB - A semi-final round up

4 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
THE GREAT WAR GB - A semi-final round up
Posted by wing_nut on Thursday, January 5, 2012 8:37 AM

The group build to end all group builds - THE GREAT WAR generated a lot of interest very quickly.  Then, as with most other GB's, Some of the sign-ups did not return.  It happens and I've done it myself. It went strong for a while then slowly faded.  Just before it breathed its dying breath, a cattle prod went upo the hello-there and there is life once again.

The end date has been extended until war on the planet earth has been eradicated for all time.  So if you want to jump in and finish your builds, or new folk want to sign up, I think you have some timeWink

Here is the recap, in no particular order, of what was completed by the time of the original end date. And fine works it is all around.  If I missed someone, gimme a shout.

Enjoy.

I'll start off with my entry's of the WNW Albatros D.Va and Roland D.VIa

TD4438, HMS Iron Duke & Mk I tank

DoogsATX, Sopwith Pup

Panzerwaffe, Mk I male tank

castlenuovo, Spowith Camel

Waikong, Fokker DR.I

EBergerud, SMS Konig

JGeriatic1, Austrian lieutenant & sergeant 

Smeagol the Vile, Mk I female tank

The Real Red Baron, Albatros D.Va

Marc  

Posted by Tojo72 on Thursday, January 5, 2012 8:43 AM

Really great stuff guys,I don't pay much attention to WWII aircraft,but those are great little gems,and the ships are impressive also,great work everyone

Posted by Luft Modeler on Thursday, January 5, 2012 7:20 PM

Great builds!!! Once I finish up a few of my WWII warbirds I will have to get my hands on an Albatros

Posted by waikong on Friday, January 6, 2012 12:01 PM

A GB that lives forever, I love it.  I like the variety also, figures, ships, planes, armor!  Maybe if someone build one of those WW1 bombers...

My website: http://waihobbies.wkhc.net

Posted by DoogsATX on Friday, January 6, 2012 12:06 PM

It was a pretty great group, gotta say.

I still intend to come back with the second Pup in night trainer getup, just have so much else I want to build, too...trying not to overcommit to GB's, which is about as hard as not buying kits...

On the Bench: 1/32 Trumpeter P-47 | 1/32 Hasegawa Bf 109G | 1/144 Eduard MiG-21MF x2

On Deck:  1/350 HMS Dreadnought

Blog/Completed Builds: doogsmodels.com

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.