Just completed this 1/32 Revell Salamander for The 2017/ 2018 Too Little Too Late Group Build. I has CMK resin engine, pit, cannon bays and EagleCals decals. The Resin engine was wired and plumbed up with copper electrical wire solder and floral wires. Paint was MM enamels. The pit was also wired up.
I added little details like the scratch made canopy locking lugs made from electrical copper wire and attached with Aleenes. The clam shell doors got the pe locking tabs along with pe Revi gunsight, resin pit, engine and cannon bays. Cannon barrels are resin. Double click on the pictures for extreme closups.
Closeup of locking lugs. I also used a circle template and a sharp needle to deepen the round small window then used a dark wash to darken the scribing.
The Salamander is fairly clean because they had about 2 weeks or so of actual combat and flew just a few hours. It arrived too late to the conflict to see any significant action but the 162 did manage to shoot down two British fighters.