SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

What is included in a Monogram Promodeler kit?

3483 views
18 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
dmk
  • Member since
    September, 2008
  • From: North Carolina, USA
What is included in a Monogram Promodeler kit?
Posted by dmk on Monday, January 05, 2009 5:49 PM

What is normally included in a Monogram Promodeler kit?

 I know they usually come with some PE stuff, are resin pieces and masks normally included as well? 

  I just picked up a Monogram B-24 and it included resin pieces for the guns, resin engines, resin wheels, a huge PE details sheet, as well as a full set of masks. Was that all added by the seller?

 

 

  • Member since
    March, 2008
  • From: Brunswick OH
Posted by B-17 Guy on Monday, January 05, 2009 6:02 PM
 dmk wrote:

What is normally included in a Monogram Promodeler kit?

 I know they usually come with some PE stuff, are resin pieces and masks normally included as well? 

  I just picked up a Monogram B-24 and it included resin pieces for the guns, resin engines, resin wheels, a huge PE details sheet, as well as a full set of masks. Was that all added by the seller?

Yes..all that was added by the seller. I've never seen a Pro-modeller B-24, I could be wrong but I dont think there was one. The only pro-mode heavy bomber I know was the B-17G. That included PE parts and crew figures. No resin, or masks came in any of those kits.

 

 

  • Member since
    October, 2007
  • From: Inland Northwest
Posted by Summit on Monday, January 05, 2009 6:08 PM

I have had several different "Pro Modeler" kits The BF -109 came with resin wheels and upgraded decals, thr Fw -190 just had upgraded decals, a 69 Dodge Daytona had PE and Again U/G Decals.

I think Hans has several of the B-24's maybe he will see this and pipe in.

Sean "I've reached nearly fifty years of age with my system." Weekend GB 2008
  • Member since
    March, 2008
  • From: Brunswick OH
Posted by B-17 Guy on Monday, January 05, 2009 6:14 PM
 Summit wrote:

I think Hans has several of the B-24's maybe he will see this and pipe in.

So they did do a pro-mod B-24? I've never seen that but I'd love to.

  • Member since
    November, 2008
  • From: Florida
Posted by plasticjunkie on Monday, January 05, 2009 6:22 PM
I have two of their 1/48 scale kits, Me-410 and Fw-190D. Both bought brand new from a local hobby shop 3-4 years ago, and none have PE or resin parts. I must admit that the details inside and out are outstanding, along with a beautiful decal sheet.

  • Member since
    June, 2008
  • From: Iowa
Posted by Hans von Hammer on Monday, January 05, 2009 6:51 PM
 B-17 Guy wrote:
 Summit wrote:

I think Hans has several of the B-24's maybe he will see this and pipe in.

So they did do a pro-mod B-24? I've never seen that but I'd love to.

Yeah, it's a B-24D... The Pro Modeler has PE ammo chutes, ignition harnesses, belts, ring sights for the .50 cals in the waist, and a few other odds & ends, no resin or masks... It also comes with crewmembers in flight gear... The decals are representing two of the Ploesti Raiders.. 

  • Member since
    January, 2004
  • From: Waxahachie, TX
Posted by dcaponeII on Monday, January 05, 2009 7:15 PM

Some of them even include a kit from Hasegawa!!!!!!

IPMS-NCT 2011 President

dmk
  • Member since
    September, 2008
  • From: North Carolina, USA
Posted by dmk on Monday, January 05, 2009 7:37 PM
 Hans von Hammer wrote:
 B-17 Guy wrote:

So they did do a pro-mod B-24? I've never seen that but I'd love to.

Yeah, it's a B-24D... The Pro Modeler has PE ammo chutes, ignition harnesses, belts, ring sights for the .50 cals in the waist, and a few other odds & ends, no resin or masks... It also comes with crewmembers in flight gear... The decals are representing two of the Ploesti Raiders.. 

 This is the -D model, but the decals are for "Strawberry -female dog-" and "Moby Dick".

 A Promodeler would say on the box wouldn't it? The box on this kit just says "Monogram Classics".

 I guess all that resin and PE stuff would add up quick wouldn't it?  I got the kit with all that included for $60 shipped to my door. I new it had some resin and PE pieces in it, but I didn't realize it had as much as it does.

 

  

  • Member since
    March, 2008
  • From: Brunswick OH
Posted by B-17 Guy on Monday, January 05, 2009 8:19 PM
 dmk wrote:

 This is the -D model, but the decals are for "Strawberry -female dog-" and "Moby Dick".

 A Promodeler would say on the box wouldn't it? The box on this kit just says "Monogram Classics".

 I guess all that resin and PE stuff would add up quick wouldn't it?  I got the kit with all that included for $60 shipped to my door. I new it had some resin and PE pieces in it, but I didn't realize it had as much as it does.

 

  

The pro-modeler kits say so on the box. The monogram classics are great kits though.

All that aftermarket stuff would add up pretty quick, but sometimes you get lucky. I'd say you made out pretty well for all you got. Have fun with it. And dont let it own you! The fuselage halves can be a pain you know where as well as the wing to fuselage joint.

Hans.....thanks for that info.

DcaponeII...thanks for the wise *** comment, not really needed though.

  • Member since
    February, 2003
  • From: Niagara Falls NY
Posted by Butz on Monday, January 05, 2009 8:21 PM
Here's the link to the Promodeler b-24D.. Most of the time the Promodeler line includes weighted down tires, some simple form of PE or optional decals..

http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/portland/971/boxart/promodeler/prom_b24d_48.jpg

Flaps up,
Mike
Rangers Lead The way

  If you would listen to everybody about the inaccuracies, most of the kits on your shelf would not have been built Too Close For Guns, Switching To Finger

  • Member since
    November, 2003
  • From: Newington CT
Posted by tempestjohnny on Monday, January 05, 2009 8:24 PM

I have the PM A-26B Invader which does not come with anything

The F-84G comes with PE

2 of the JU88C-6 Nightfighters with nothing

ON THE BENCH: 1/72 Hobby Boss Fw190D-9, 1/48 Hasegawa Bf109G-2, 1/48 Dragon Ju 88G-6, 1/48 Hasegawa Bf109F-4

NEXT IN LINE: 1/72 Hasegawa P-51B (F-6C), Airfix P-51D, Academy P-51D early

  • Member since
    February, 2003
  • From: Niagara Falls NY
Posted by Butz on Monday, January 05, 2009 9:14 PM
I have a few in my stash and each one varied which is weird.. You would think they would be consistant in their line but guess not.
Flaps up,
Mike
Rangers Lead the Way

  If you would listen to everybody about the inaccuracies, most of the kits on your shelf would not have been built Too Close For Guns, Switching To Finger

  • Member since
    January, 2004
  • From: Waxahachie, TX
Posted by dcaponeII on Monday, January 05, 2009 9:21 PM
I believe the variation in the contents of the ProModeler line stems as much from trying to hit a target price for the kit than anything else.  and life would not be very interesting if we only focussed on what we needed.

IPMS-NCT 2011 President

  • Member since
    February, 2003
  • From: Niagara Falls NY
Posted by Butz on Monday, January 05, 2009 9:23 PM
So true....

Flaps up,
Mike
Rangers Lead The Way

  If you would listen to everybody about the inaccuracies, most of the kits on your shelf would not have been built Too Close For Guns, Switching To Finger

  • Member since
    September, 2007
  • From: galt, ca.
Posted by dirtball on Tuesday, January 06, 2009 1:50 AM
   I put together a pro m. 1/48 F104 or 106 some time ago. It had the ladder, crew men and wighted wheels and some good decals, pretty good detail, but bad fit on the fus., but that was it.............Harv
"I once shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I`ll never know!"
dmk
  • Member since
    September, 2008
  • From: North Carolina, USA
Posted by dmk on Tuesday, January 06, 2009 6:12 AM
 B-17 Guy wrote:

The pro-modeler kits say so on the box. The monogram classics are great kits though.

All that aftermarket stuff would add up pretty quick, but sometimes you get lucky. I'd say you made out pretty well for all you got. Have fun with it. And dont let it own you! The fuselage halves can be a pain you know where as well as the wing to fuselage joint.

  I vaguely remember building the 1/48 -J many years ago. I remember it being a challenge. This one here looks like a pretty long term project requiring more than a little patience. I'm going to have to work up some nerve before I tackle it. I may have to read "The Wild Blue" again for inspiration.

 Thanks for the pic of the box top and all the comments guys!

 

  • Member since
    February, 2006
  • From: Cincinnati Ohio
Posted by DantheMan85 on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 12:30 PM
Theres a 1/48 Pro Modeler B-24 D Liberator on ebay right now.


On my Work Bench: CyberHobby 1/32 Bf 109 E-7, 1/35 Academy Hetzer, Revell 1/48 Ju52 Transport.  Tamiya 1/35 M4A3E3 Sherman. Going to try and finish my 1/72 Revell B-52, and restorning my Revell He 111 and Junkers Ju 88.

                                    

  • Member since
    March, 2008
  • From: Brunswick OH
Posted by B-17 Guy on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 5:45 PM
 FeldMarSchall Model wrote:
Theres a 1/48 Pro Modeler B-24 D Liberator on ebay right now.


It'll probably go for a pretty good chunk of coin. I've seen a few of the older revell B-17F kits go for a few hundred dollars last year when I was trying to get one, I gave up, I'm not paying anywhere near that for plastic. I'm curious to see how much this one goes for.

EDIT: Found it, 0 bids price is $69.98 with $19.98 shipping. Here's a link if anyones interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PRO-MODELER-B-24D-LIBERATOR-1-48-WWII-HEAVY-BOMBER_W0QQitemZ150319098628QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item150319098628&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

 

 

dmk
  • Member since
    September, 2008
  • From: North Carolina, USA
Posted by dmk on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 6:00 PM
 B-17 Guy wrote:
 FeldMarSchall Model wrote:
Theres a 1/48 Pro Modeler B-24 D Liberator on ebay right now.

It'll probably go for a pretty good chunk of coin. I've seen a few of the older revell B-17F kits go for a few hundred dollars last year when I was trying to get one, I gave up, I'm not paying anywhere near that for plastic. I'm curious to see how much this one goes for.

 There are actually two ProModeler Libbys for sale right now. One's $40 shipped with two days left on bidding and thee other is $90 shipped with 5 days left on bidding. I never understand why folks even bid on stuff with that much time left. Someone is always going to try to beat you, just jacking the price up and up.

  It usually pays to look for alternatives when bidding on something. I've seen folks bid up crazy prices for something when a quick search shows two or three more of the exact same thing for less than half the price.

Here's the search I used to find the Libs:  (1:48, 1/48, 1-48) (b-24*, b24*, liberator)

 

 

 

 

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

SUBSCRIBER-ONLY CONTENT
FREE NEWSLETTER

Loading...