SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

F-16A IAF (Op. Opera) 1:144 Revell model kit.

616 views
9 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
  • Member since
    February, 2005
F-16A IAF (Op. Opera) 1:144 Revell model kit.
Posted by marcopreto on Monday, May 21, 2018 4:50 AM

Here are  few potos of the model presently at my workbench.

It is Revell's 1:144 scale F-16C, that I'm modifying to an early A model, used by the IAF to bomb the Iraquiam Nuclear reactor in 1981. The kit includes most of the parts needed for an early A model, but did not include any Mk84 boms used in this raid. Although there is a after market offering of Mk84 in 1:144 scale, I decided to build a couple of them out of brass rod and brass sheet.

 

I hope to start applying decals soon.

 

Cheers

 

Marco Preto

http://mpminiatures.wordpress.com

 

  • Member since
    June, 2017
Posted by UnwaryPaladin on Monday, May 21, 2018 6:01 AM

Marco, your work is outstanding! I enjoyed looking at your builds on your website, very inspirational. Did you turn the Mk84's from brass rod? 

  • Member since
    March, 2015
  • From: Streetsboro, Ohio
Posted by Toshi on Monday, May 21, 2018 7:41 AM

UnwaryPaladin

Marco, your work is outstanding! I enjoyed looking at your builds on your website, very inspirational. Did you turn the Mk84's from brass rod? 

 

I must strongly agree with UnwaryPaladin‘s comment!  I too would like to know how you made the Mk84’s?  Thank you in advance.

your friend, Toshi

On The Bench: Revell 1/48 B-25 Mitchell

 

Married to the most caring, loving, understanding, and beautiful wife in the world.  Mrs. Toshi

 

 

  • Member since
    February, 2005
Posted by marcopreto on Monday, May 21, 2018 2:05 PM

Thank you for your kind comments!

 

Indeed, the Mk84 bombs were built from brass rod using a very simple lathe. I used Eduard's 1:48 scale drawings (included in their Mk.84 bomb set) as main reference and files and fine sandpaper was used for final shaping and polishing. These were my first "large" lathe project!

 

I hope to post more soon.

 

Cheers

 

Marco Preto

http://mpminiatures.wordpress.com

  • Member since
    February, 2005
Posted by marcopreto on Monday, May 28, 2018 4:00 AM

Here are a few more photos of the progress made this last weekend.


Decals are applied and base colors completed (but there are still lots of details to be picked up).



The panel lines are being marked using a thin lead pencil (0.3mm). It works well for these tiny model, applied over a flat or satin surface and any mistake can be easily erased.


The upper fuselage has this process at its early stages (just the rear is done so far).



I hope to complete it soon.

Cheers


Marco Preto
http://mpminiatures.wordpress.com

  • Member since
    April, 2003
  • From: USA
Posted by keavdog on Monday, May 28, 2018 4:26 AM

Looking good Marco.  I've used a draftsmen's pencil for panel lines before - works well.

Thanks,

John

  • Member since
    April, 2003
  • From: Edgware, London
Posted by osher on Monday, May 28, 2018 11:53 AM

Wow! Incredible work

  • Member since
    February, 2005
Posted by marcopreto on Sunday, June 10, 2018 3:13 PM

It is finally completed.

 

I hope you like it.

 

Cheers

Marco Preto

http://mpminiatures.wordpress.com

 

  • Member since
    November, 2003
  • From: Naples, FL
Posted by tempestjohnny on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 5:27 AM
Excellent.

 

  • Member since
    September, 2011
  • From: Milaca, Minnesota
Posted by falconmod on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 7:05 AM

That is a gret job!  just fantastic!  I want to go out and find one now.

John

On the Bench: 1/72 Ki-67, 1/48 Airfix P-51D

1/72 LS Dinah III, 1/72 Hasegawa T-33A

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

SEARCH FORUMS

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.