SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

Tamiya Skyline GT-R (w/pics)

12 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
Tamiya Skyline GT-R (w/pics)
Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, January 7, 2007 8:41 AM

Usually I build planes, WW2 fighters are my favorites.

I made a little de-tour and I just though I give it a go to try and post some pics of my latest creating, Tamiya Skyline GT-R.

Basically OOB except for my personal color scheme and I build in a set of head / tail light using LED and the innerworkings of bicycle lights.

here we go.....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting" border="0" />Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting" border="0" />Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting" border="0" />Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting" border="0" />Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting" border="0" />Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting" border="0" />Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting" border="0" />

Your, constructive, input will be appreciated

Posted by Dubau on Sunday, January 7, 2007 12:02 PM

Sweet looking Ride

2 Thumbs Up [tup]Thumbs Up [tup]

Bud 

" You've experienced a set back, and without set backs and learning how to fix them you'll never make the leap from kit builder to modeler "
Posted by smokinguns3 on Sunday, January 7, 2007 3:20 PM
Now that looks weet. Out of all the cars the skyline is my fav and if i have it my way iam gona buy me a GTR 33 Vspec and i know just where to get one in the states for around $35,000 alot cheaper than importing one.
Rob I think i can I think i can
Posted by Anonymous on Monday, January 8, 2007 2:28 AM

Thanks for the complements Dubau & Smokinguns3!

Smokinguns3, what is stopping you, you only life once! If need be you always can build and customize a model kit version (or did you do that already?)

Actually I was inspired for this build by the Play Station 2 game Gran Turismo 3.

I also have the Tamiya Nissan MOTUL Z on the shelf ready to get started. I think I will build this one as it is supposed to be with all racing colors and decal etc.

Posted by smokinguns3 on Monday, January 8, 2007 10:20 AM
Whats stoping me, Money havent had a job since i graduated college and found out iam have chemical inbalance for some reason employers dont like that. As for building one iam not a car modeler any more. and i used to be bad A$$ on GT games ive got PS2 for X-mas 05 And its been siting there collecting dust eversince i should have never got rid of my PS1 games.
Posted by Anonymous on Monday, January 8, 2007 12:14 PM

Hi smokinguns, my comment about what is stopping you was not meant serious. I did not know you are unemployed. If I have heard or offended you, please accept my sincere apologies.

You say you are not a car builder anymore, what's your specialty / interest now? Could be nice though making another kind of model. I use do not build cars but mainly WW2 fighters. I sure enjoyed this little "de-tour" into to the world of cars.

Posted by smokinguns3 on Monday, January 8, 2007 12:23 PM
It wasnt offencive dont worry about it just gives me an excuse to be mentalTongue [:P]  and besides iam not one that takes offence i just like to get  my dirt out on the floor if you know what i meanWink [;)] As for what i build  mostly ww2 luftuaffe and amercian jets in 1/32 i shake so bad i have a hard time ding those smaller scales and right now iam working on the revell 1/72 gato sub to add to my 2 u-boatsBig Smile [:D]
Posted by Anonymous on Monday, January 8, 2007 12:48 PM

okay, happy to hear you're not mad at me.

I usely build in 1/72 but is gettin harder as the year pass, you may be shaking....I am loosing my eyesight more quickly then I build models! Wink [;)] It true what the say about being over 30 and going down hill....

Posted by smokinguns3 on Monday, January 8, 2007 2:45 PM
I just turned 35 last oct and do know one thing its alot harder to loose wheight when your this age( plops butt down in chair and starts drinkin another diet pepsi) i mean alot harderTongue [:P]
Posted by eizzle on Monday, January 8, 2007 4:03 PM
That looks sweet! I really like the working lights, I've been thinking about doing that to one of mine! The rear wing looks like you used some carbon decals? Can we get a brighter pic of it? Nice build!

Colin

Homer Simpson for president!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, January 9, 2007 12:31 PM

Thanks for the complements Collin! You should try adding LED's, it gives it a extra touch that looks very realistic (hard to get across by pictures though) I used standard red LED and bright white ones here's a pic of the "inner workings" before assembly. If you like to add LEDs you should have a model without engine though (or a larger scale then 1/24) because it really is difficult to get everything fitted inside.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting" border="0" />

You're right about the rear wing, I added carbon decal. I think is goes well with the rest of the bodywork. Better pic? How about this...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting" border="0" />

Posted by eizzle on Tuesday, January 9, 2007 12:47 PM

Very nice! The PE hood pins are nice to, or should I say rear deck pins?

The LED wiring doesn't look to complicated... I am going to have to try it! Thanks for the pic 1/72!

Colin

Homer Simpson for president!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, January 9, 2007 12:56 PM
Thanks Collin. Let me know how the LED turn out to be.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.