SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

A *new* 1/35 helicopter crew is coming

2 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
A *new* 1/35 helicopter crew is coming
Posted by AH1Wsnake on Thursday, February 15, 2007 12:21 AM

Trumpeter has quite an interesting set coming out. Saw it for preorder here at spruebrothers. I'm thinking these would be a good option for the AH-6 and H-60 kits as well.

Now we just need some USMC crews in 1/48 and 1/35.

Andy

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and those who have met them in battle. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."
Posted by J.H. Primm on Thursday, February 15, 2007 3:50 AM
 AH1Wsnake wrote:

Trumpeter has quite an interesting set coming out. Saw it for preorder here at spruebrothers. I'm thinking these would be a good option for the AH-6 and H-60 kits as well.

Now we just need some USMC crews in 1/48 and 1/35.

Andy

Well that's fine for CH-47Ds except for one small detail...If there are only three crewmembers they are one person short, Most times the minimum crew on CH-47s was four and on MH-47s it was five, of course that may have all changed since 97. Also the helmets are not correct for any time period before the late 90s / early 2000s

I haven't seen the kit, so I might be full of it. I suppose one could modify the helmets to make them look like SPH-4s or 5s and I agree we need some NAVAIR figures...Why? Because of the differences in survival gear used by the Army, Air Force and NAVAIR.

Jonathan Primm

Youngsville,LA

Posted by HeavyArty on Thursday, February 15, 2007 7:22 AM

Sounds like a great set.  Check out the description too....

Set makes 5 figures and includes equipment, display base and a cockpit for use in making a diorama on the base provided.

Will be interesting to see what the cockpit looks like.  I assume it will be the cockpit from their CH-47D kit since that is what these figures are billed for.  The infantrymen could be used for any OIF scene as well.  Lots of possibilities here.  Hopefully, they will come up with some other helo crews for all their other 1/35th helos.  Can't wait to get them.

Gino P. Quintiliani - Field Artillery - The KING of BATTLE!!!

Check out my Gallery: https://app.photobucket.com/u/HeavyArty

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.