SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

Sand Bags

3 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
Sand Bags
Posted by Col. Hogan on Wednesday, June 30, 2010 4:54 PM

How would i make a set of sandbags that i could stack up and secure together to make a foxhole or a small barrier?

Posted by HawkeyeHobbies on Wednesday, June 30, 2010 6:03 PM

Self hardening clay or sculpy. Roll it out, flatten to shape cut to size, reshape and stack. Get the arrangement right disassemble, then follow the instructions to harden. Once that is done reassemble.

Gerald "Hawkeye" Voigt

http://hawkeyes-squawkbox.com/

"Its not the workbench that makes the model, it is the modeler at the workbench."

Posted by plasticjunkie on Thursday, July 1, 2010 1:09 PM

Just to add to Gerald's post, you can use an old cotton t-shirt to press the texture to the clay.

GIFMaker.org_jy_Ayj_O

Too many models to build, not enough time in a lifetime!!

Posted by Hans von Hammer on Sunday, July 4, 2010 11:38 AM

HawkeyeHobbies

Self hardening clay or sculpy. Roll it out, flatten to shape cut to size, reshape and stack. Get the arrangement right disassemble, then follow the instructions to harden. Once that is done reassemble.

I just build them (w/Sculpy) on a piece of foil on a cookie sheet and bake them in place...

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.