SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

1/6th Tiger ready for painting

25 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
1/6th Tiger ready for painting
Posted by armourguy on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 5:46 PM

I have finished the model and it is now ready for painting. I applied the models final primer coat; the model is now ready for its base coat and cammo.

Posted by RYankovich on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 6:07 PM

Shock [:O] where did you get that and who makes it?

thats a lot of painting time Bow [bow]

Posted by DantheMan85 on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 6:19 PM
Yeah a big size, he must have been a paint hog. Thumbs Up [tup]

On my Work Bench: Tamiya Ford GT 1/24

Up Coming: ?

Posted by model maniac 96 on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 6:51 PM

Oh yeah!!! big paint hoggerPropeller [8-]

Jim

"Veni, Vidi, Vici" Julius Caesar: I came, I saw, I conquered.
Posted by treadwell on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 7:01 PM

Hi again ArmourguySmile [:)]

she is looking ready to go man!  beautiful --I love large scale---any shots of the electrronics?--or is she static--(which I doubt)?----in any case AWSOME---treadCool [8D]

Posted by armourguy on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 10:11 PM

Thanks guys. This is scratch built and you can see it's progress on the folowing link /forums/1074177/ShowPost.aspx .

treadwell wrote:

Hi again ArmourguySmile [:)]

she is looking ready to go man!  beautiful --I love large scale---any shots of the electrronics?--or is she static--(which I doubt)?----in any case AWSOME---treadCool [8D]

This model is Static; my next model will be built RC and will be posted when this model is finished. 

When you build these large models you get used to the amount of paint and supplies it takes to construct such a large piece. To prime the model I went through 1 1/2 cans of spray paint (this doesn't include all of the primer coats I applied while the tank was being built). The base coat will be sprayed on with a spray gun, but the pattern and the weathering will be applied with an airbrush. I am currently waiting on the weather to break so I can apply the base coat which will be any day now.   

Posted by the doog on Wednesday, February 25, 2009 10:16 PM
WOW, man....this is some seriously dedicated modeling! Pretty impressive, to be sure!
Posted by armourguy on Friday, February 27, 2009 12:20 PM

The base coat has been applied and the model is ready for it's next step.

Posted by Bodge on Friday, February 27, 2009 2:46 PM
Awsome work , very well done , you may have a cookie.
Posted by Brumbles on Friday, February 27, 2009 3:30 PM
And just who do you think is going to clean up your painting mess, young man? 
  • From: On my kitchen counter top somewhere in North Carolina.
Posted by disastermaster on Friday, February 27, 2009 9:13 PM

Bodge wrote:
Awsome work , very well done , you may have a cookie.

The image “http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn293/ccwebcrap/Smileys/cookie.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Sherman-Jumbo-1945

" I was so much older then I'm younger than that now "

Posted by armourguy on Saturday, February 28, 2009 1:37 PM

Brumbles wrote:
And just who do you think is going to clean up your painting mess, young man? 

I'ts not a mess...its modern art Smile,Wink, & Grin [swg]

The pattern is complete and the tank is now ready for its markings and weathering. The model should be ready to hunt down some T34s by the end of the week  :-P

Posted by armourguy on Monday, March 2, 2009 6:51 PM

I have completed the tank's markings and weathering. The tank's cammo and markings are from  Kharkov April 1943. The model will be on it's tracks soon.

Posted by psstoff995 on Monday, March 2, 2009 6:59 PM

Very nice weathering tecnique- I like how you preweathered the areas where the equipment will be, should look much more natural when you lay it in overtop- very neat- something I might try out in my little 1/35 scale actually...

This build's been amazing to watch Bow [bow]

-Chris

US Army Infantryman

Posted by treadwell on Monday, March 2, 2009 7:45 PM

can't wait to see it sitting on the tracks, man--lookin' sweetTongue [:P]---- treadCool [8D]

Posted by armourguy on Friday, March 6, 2009 8:24 PM

I have added the tanks track and tow cables. The model is now ready for its tools. Once the tools are added the tank is finished. For the track I used the Excellent Panzerwerk late tiger Links. To make the links more accurate for the early tiger I milled away the track's ice cleats.

Posted by Anonymous on Friday, March 6, 2009 9:34 PM

AWESOME CAMO work...I had to "barter" with my wife to get the display space for a 1/35 Railway Transprter, I cant imagine what I would have to do to get one of these ??

Do you find its easier or harder to paint and detail something that big? Common sense says it would be easier, but that's usually not the case... Looks friggin cool...

Posted by mstazz62 on Saturday, March 7, 2009 1:13 PM

WOW WOW WOW and WOW!!!!!

That is sooo damn cool! GI Joe sized even! I have agree with brutus1175 - where you gonna put it? If it was up to me it would go on the coffee table in the living room. (There's no way the wife would go for that)

Seriously - great work and paint.

Mark

mstazz62
Posted by terry35 on Saturday, March 7, 2009 1:37 PM

Sorry but I don't have words to describe what I'm seeing. This is unbelievable, stunning,  wonderful.. excellent...... breathtaking....... stunning again...

Congrats on a masterpiece of modelling art.

Terry.

Posted by armourguy on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 6:49 PM
 brutus1175 wrote:

AWESOME CAMO work...I had to "barter" with my wife to get the display space for a 1/35 Railway Transprter, I cant imagine what I would have to do to get one of these ??

Do you find its easier or harder to paint and detail something that big? Common sense says it would be easier, but that's usually not the case... Looks friggin cool...

I find it easier to scratch build in this scale. For me I can put the same amount or more of an effort in scratch building in 1/6 and the larger size of all of the components make the small details not only easier to fabricate but the size also makes the small details more visible. However if you make a kistake it is also more vissible. The larger scale also requires the use of more materials and supplies. I still enjoy building armor in 1/35th scale, When I do build my 1/35s I prefer to build them out of the box, or with a minimal amount of scratch building or kit bashing.

The tank's tools have been added and the tiger is finished. I had a small break in the weather and was able to take some out door shots. I'm now working on the tank's gallery webpage and will have it ready by the weekend.

Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 8:24 PM

So then something that size is a double edged sword eh...No matter what though, it looks friggin' cool.

So what's next. The Titanic??  Chernobyl?? JK, can't wait to see what's next in line, though.

Happy Modelling

Posted by IHATEALASKA on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 11:23 PM

Are you serious!!!!  Simply amazing!!!  That is by far the coolest thing ever.  My wife would kick my you know what especially with all that paint on the deckSmile [:)].  Brave Zulu my friend can't wait to see it finished.

Wes

Keep The Powder Dry
Posted by Hans von Hammer on Thursday, March 12, 2009 5:20 AM

A model that size shouldn't be bench-weathered.. Just leave it outside for a few weeks and it's done...Big Smile [:D]

Reminds me of the Shermans built by the 1/5th Air Force for the Air Expo in Red Oak, Iowa.  They were built for the RC show, Striking Back, 'cept they weren't RC... They each had a guy inside that was driving them... Think they were also 1/5th scale..

Posted by psstoff995 on Thursday, March 12, 2009 11:07 AM
 Hans von Hammer wrote:

'cept they weren't RC... They each had a guy inside that was driving them... Think they were also 1/5th scale..

Laugh [(-D] I can just imagine-

Hope the reenactment wouldn't get too heated- that'd be the coolest game of bumper cars ever!

-Chris

US Army Infantryman

Posted by armourguy on Thursday, March 19, 2009 3:30 PM

The tank's web page is complete and I have added all of the pictures from the tank's construction. I have also uploaded to the web page all of the out door images that were taken. Now that the tiger is finished it's off to the next project  Smile,Wink, & Grin [swg]

http://www.eastcoastarmory.com/tiger_406/tiger_406.htm

Posted by caSSius on Thursday, March 19, 2009 3:52 PM

Too cool for words!...I'm sorry, I wish I could say something clever or insightful, but I'm in awe of the skill/effort/result. Truly outstanding reproduction...the use of b/w photos is a genius way to show it off!

Cheers

Brad

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T.S. Eliot

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.