SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

1/350 scales of HMHS Britannic wreck model

37 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
1/350 scales of HMHS Britannic wreck model
Posted by William B. Barney on Sunday, January 30, 2011 1:57 PM

Hello, First thing about me..... I am new on this site and I hope I post on right place... I really don't understand about this site and where should I post at and how I post my pictures on here!?  I am member of other site Titanic Research & Modeling Association for many years! Of course, I am Modeler for any scales and researched over Titanic, HMHS Britannic and other Old Liners for many years!

The Titanic's younger sister Britannic was have been the most opulent of the three White Star Giants. But World War 1 caused her conversion into a Spartan hospital ship, in which guise she sank by a German mine in the Mediterranean in November 1916.

I was bought the Titanic 1/350 scales model and turned into the Britannic and those hull and shapes and etc are about 85% same as Titanic and other that I have to do scratch built. So that my own vision of wreck look like in late 1940's era when the World Wars was end! Reason, the Britannic wreck as right now.. it much all cover by sea corals and sea life marine that hard to see what behind of Britannic. So I decide do 50% show the colors and other 50% cover of sea life marine!

Again, I dont know how I can post my images of my model.... So I guess I link from other site TRMA.

Enjoy!  : )

http://titanic-model.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=123&topic_id=2785&mesg_id=2785&page=

Regards, William Barney

Posted by William B. Barney on Sunday, January 30, 2011 3:14 PM

Finally, I figure out how to post it those images on here!! So Hope you and all enjoy it! Big Smile

Regards, William Barney

Posted by Wilbur Wright on Sunday, January 30, 2011 4:25 PM

That is some very fine work. I don't know if people understand what it takes to get a wreck to look  that real. Real work of art.

Posted by shoot&scoot on Sunday, January 30, 2011 4:45 PM

Absolutely first rate work here!  The level of detail is astounding.  Did you have to scratchbuild the life boat davits?  Would be great if you told us about your techniques and kits used.  I've found it harder to portray something that is wrecked as opposed to something still in service.  And by the way, welcome to the forums!Toast 

Pat.

Posted by Tracy White on Sunday, January 30, 2011 4:52 PM

Very well done!

Tracy White Researcher@Large

Posted by TD4438 on Sunday, January 30, 2011 4:53 PM

THIS IS AWESOME!

I'd like to see more pics of your work.

Thanks for posting an welcome to the forum.

Posted by Division 6 on Sunday, January 30, 2011 6:09 PM

Outstanding work.

Do you have any in progress pictures?

Posted by I_AM_THE_GREATEST on Sunday, January 30, 2011 6:16 PM

DAMN!!!!!

If you can do that good, i would really like to see more of your work. When
I was little, i studied the Titanic well into the night. Even though this is her sister ship. Have you done a titanic wreck? you would have to do 2 different bases due to the debris field between the halves. I just might do another titanic model.

Bow DownBow DownBow DownBow DownBow DownBow DownBow Down

The Beatles Are Dying In The Wrong Order: Pretty Soon Were Going To Be Stuck With Ringo! 

Posted by I_AM_THE_GREATEST on Sunday, January 30, 2011 6:20 PM

wow pretty close

The Beatles Are Dying In The Wrong Order: Pretty Soon Were Going To Be Stuck With Ringo! 

Posted by Jester75 on Sunday, January 30, 2011 6:52 PM

Awesome awesome awesome!! Hope to see some more of your work!

Eric

Posted by TD4438 on Monday, January 31, 2011 7:22 AM

I posted a link to these pics in Odds n Ends.I gotta spread the word on this one.

Posted by rjkplasticmod on Monday, January 31, 2011 8:30 AM

First, Welcome to the Forums Welcome Sign.  Second, that is truly excellent work you display.  Well done Yes.

Regards,  Rick

RICK At My Age, I've Seen It All, Done It All, But I Don't Remember It All...
Posted by vetteman42 on Monday, January 31, 2011 10:59 AM

WOW!!!!!!!!!! That is some truely masterful work !! Weathering is the toughest part of this hobby for me and you have it nailed. I too look forward to seeing much more of your work and a HUGE welcome to the forum.

VERY VERY WELL DONE SIR Bow Down

Randy So many to build.......So little time

Posted by Buckeye on Monday, January 31, 2011 11:23 AM

Now that's what I call weathering!  Really amazing work there.Bow Down

Posted by telsono on Monday, January 31, 2011 3:43 PM

A stunning piece of work. Welcome aboard William.

Mike T.

Beware the hobby that eats.  - Ben Franklin

Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out. - Ben Franklin

The U.S. Constitution  doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. - Ben Franklin

Posted by William B. Barney on Tuesday, February 1, 2011 10:48 PM

I must THANKS everyone for welcome me be on aboard FSM and THANKS for comments over with my model of Britannic wreck.

One thing... I am not good at explaining you and all how to progressing it, But I try do my best to show what I have.

Here I am going show how I was progressed of the HMHS Britannic wreck model... All of those Titanic 1/350 scales that I bought it and changed into HMHS Britannic and all other that I had to do scratch built it ...

10 of Gantry Davits are come out with paper and I drew to shapes it and then print it and put super glue on paper to cover it and turn into strong as plastic sheet. Then cutting all around there... it hell of work to done those 10 tiny pieces!!

All other thing to add more walls, windows and end of stern with add new decks. (add floor)

Those pictures are not very exciting to see as first time I was post it! Ha ha 

So enjoy it !! : )

Posted by subfixer on Wednesday, February 2, 2011 2:31 AM

Welcome and WOW!YesYesYesYes

I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Posted by mfsob on Wednesday, February 2, 2011 8:22 AM

You, sir, are a modeler. I'm just an assembler. Yes

Posted by William B. Barney on Friday, February 4, 2011 2:32 PM

Thanks for comments !! :) I am wondering... I like be have those HMHS Britannic wreck model pictures be on the Fine Scale Modeler Magazine? I want to make my Mom and family to be Proud!!! If can...how and where?? Thanks!

Last thing I like to show... Completed of the HMHS Britannic wreck. My next plans are 1/144 Titanic wreck and then... 1/144 HMHS Britannic and Titanic. And showing where I working on that room for many and many models.

I was posted other my model of completed Titanic's Boiler wreck that will fit for 1/144 scales Titanic wreck. On other the Forum " Scratch Building" As I posted Titanic's Boiler wreck that 25 years ago Robert Ballard and teams who looking for Titanic wreck back in 1985 and found Titanic's boiler first! 

Regards, William Barney  :)

Posted by Watchmann on Friday, February 4, 2011 3:46 PM

Brilliant Model, William!  Can you tell us how you achieved the corrosion effect?

Thanks,

Matt

Posted by SprueOne on Sunday, February 6, 2011 8:08 PM

very awesome build and paint. Interesting subject 

Tags: ship wreck

Anyone with a good car don't need to be justified - Hazel Motes

Iron Rails 2015 by Wayne Cassell Weekend Madness sprueone

Posted by WallyM3 on Sunday, February 6, 2011 8:13 PM

I assume that the two hulls on your work bench are kit hulls? What kit are they from?

Posted by John Lyle on Sunday, February 6, 2011 8:39 PM

WOW!!!!!

Winters may be cold in Canada but at least there are no mosquitoes or blackflies

Posted by Stage_Left on Sunday, February 6, 2011 8:46 PM

William,

Truly magnificent work! Thank you for sharing.....

Yes, the two large hulls, did you scratchbuild them? If so, what was your process?

Posted by shoot&scoot on Sunday, February 6, 2011 11:06 PM

Again, a simply amazing transformation!  Maybe some of the members here can give you the information you need to submit an article.  Good luck and hope to see it in print!

Pat.

P.S.  Love the paper and CA technique, I may just have to borrow it!

Posted by Lord-Dogbert on Monday, February 7, 2011 4:17 PM

Nice work, truly beautiful.

Posted by William B. Barney on Saturday, February 19, 2011 2:30 AM

THANKS for Comment !!!

Sorry, My secret recipes that I don't see any texture kits been in any stores yet that mean I able was Invent those texture for on any scales of model! Maybe someday I can sell of my secret... I need some MONEY!! ha ha

I got those 1/144 scales of Hulls and more from other site:

http://www.titanic-plan.de/start_e.html

Regards,

William Barney

Posted by tigerman on Saturday, February 19, 2011 11:50 PM

Simply stunning work. The weathering is amazing.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/wing_nut_5o/PANZERJAGERGB.jpg

Eric 

Posted by tankerbuilder on Saturday, March 5, 2011 8:51 AM

WILLIAM.. My hat is off to you in respect . I build proffessionally and even I can,t make wrecks look like they,ve been on the bottom all these years. Did you use the paper technique for all the inner structures at the hull break ? All I can say is you have the TALENT . this is an awesome example of what can be done with a ship model ! I have been working (on and off)  on a model of an AMERICAN DESTROYER in WW2 after a KAMIKAZI has done its terrible deed ! Getting the bent and blown up stuff to look right is NOT easy. That puts your work in a very special category indeed . Welcome to the forum and I believe if you send the printed out pictures to FSM magazine (attn. gallery) you might get that day in the sun. Good luck and again welcome .        tankerbuilder

Posted by detailfreak on Sunday, March 6, 2011 10:14 AM

Absolutely amazing piece of work,must have hundreds of hours invested in this build.WOW. As for the Magazine,at the top or the bottom of the page you'll find the info. you seek on contributing to the FSM magazine. Good luck. And welcome aboard.Yes

Greg"Detailfreak"Rowley

[View:http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w1/g-earl828/]  http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t104/cycledupes/1000Roadwheels4BuildBadge.jpg

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.