SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

Academy 1/144 PBY

5 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
Academy 1/144 PBY
Posted by kg4kpg on Tuesday, March 29, 2011 9:16 PM

Nice little kit OOB.  Went together with just a few minor headaches but all good in the end.  Chris

Posted by wing_nut on Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:51 AM

Chris, another beauty.  Seems to be your scale.  Check out some of the Sweet kits also.  I hear they are appropriately named.

Marc  

Posted by mfsob on Wednesday, March 30, 2011 8:03 AM

Very, very nice! I got one of those, but the Minicraft offering in black plastic to replicate, I guess, a Black Cat. I am already dreading wrestling with the clear parts ...

Posted by spadx111 on Wednesday, March 30, 2011 9:51 AM

very nice build enjoyed the picsYes.

Ron

Posted by kg4kpg on Wednesday, March 30, 2011 10:02 AM

mfsob

Very, very nice! I got one of those, but the Minicraft offering in black plastic to replicate, I guess, a Black Cat. I am already dreading wrestling with the clear parts ...

The clear parts on this one weren't that bad actually but I used the larger from turret.  The other one uses a two tiny clear parts plus the little gun inside.  For all the tiny windows I just used clear-parts glue.  The canopy and bubble painted and went on with no problem.  It is a good kit.  SInce it is so small I may get the Black Cat version and do one in the water.

Posted by mfsob on Thursday, March 31, 2011 8:33 PM

Since I like abuse (Minicraft and abuse go hand in hand, you know), I have a picture of a PBY about to get flipped over by a williwaw (freak wind gust) in the Aleutians and I'm going to try and model that ...

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.