SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

Few more wooden models

5 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
Few more wooden models
Posted by PrimozH on Monday, June 6, 2011 12:32 PM

Hi,

here are some more pictures of my older models. All of them are scratchbuilts and built in scale 1:14 mostly from plywood (beech, birch and acer). While I was reading forums, I have found out that wood is not very popular among modellers. You must try it. It's a little bit harder for handling, but still beautiful material Big Smile

Fendt 716 (built in year 2009):

Daf 95XF (built in year 2005):

Fiat Hitachi EX215 (Built in year 2003):

Few older models:

Bye from Slovenia,

Primoz

Posted by SuppressionFire on Monday, June 6, 2011 12:40 PM

Now about getting the wood to resemble plastic, then to paint the plastic to resemble metal...

Actually it would be a shame to paint the wood.

Nice work, most here build out of plastic or plastic model kits.

Thanks for posting your work, well done & well constructed construction equipment!

Jason

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/razordws/GB%20Badges/WMIIIGBsmall.jpg

Posted by macmac650 on Friday, June 17, 2011 6:28 AM

Again words fail me. Your work goes beyond amazing, and your attention to detail......WOW.

I think you would make a small fortune if you were to sell the plans for making these wonders.

I look forward to seeing your next project.

Mac

Enjoy life. You don't know how long you have. Be polite. Smile - it costs nothing. If all else fails ---walk away. Enjoy life.

Posted by the doog on Monday, July 4, 2011 9:16 AM

Really stunning, honestly. Beautiful work---that backhoe is just awe-inspiring.

I think the main impediment for most guys would be the fact that when you're modeling in wood, you're basically becoming the mold-maker, the planner, the engineer, everything--it's not like just cutting pieces off of sprue or fashioning a missing detail here or there. I know I couldn't do it. I wouldn't even try,

There's a big difference between what you do and what most of us do here. You're in a different league. YesBow Down

Posted by Buckeye on Monday, July 4, 2011 9:57 AM

That is amazing work there.Bow Down

Posted by Palmer on Thursday, July 7, 2011 1:36 PM

First time I've seen your work and have to say it"s  just amazing.

You've done very well with the finer details which kicks these build up a BIG notch !

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.