Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

M4A2 76mm "Wet" Sherman 1 - Joe 0

0 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
  • Member since
    May 2010
M4A2 76mm "Wet" Sherman 1 - Joe 0
Posted by JoeK on Saturday, September 29, 2012 10:37 PM

Has anyone ever had a kit get the best of them to a point where you threw in the towel and gave up?

As the subject indicates, one such kit, the Italeri M4A2 "wet" Sherman did just that to me. The build started off well, but when I got to the point of matching the top of the hull to the bottom, something did not seem right. The 'dry' fit looked good, just a little off which I figured I could touch up with some putty and sanding. Well, the fit with cement went as planned but when I came back the next day I noticed a bigger gap where the front of the hull was too wide and the piece that was supposed fill that gap would not fit. In my attempt to fix this, I managed to break an idler wheel off and some damage was done to the headlight guard and tow hook. I also managed to remove (unintentionally) the hitch assembly by the exhaust pipes. Completely fed up with my repair attempt, I tossed it all back into the box and into the trash.

I have had other build issues before, but worked through them and produced good results. But this one for some reason just took me over the edge.

I am sure some of you have had similar events, I just needed to vent.

On to the next kit.



Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.