SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

Ta152C stuff for daywalker

3 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
Ta152C stuff for daywalker
Posted by phoenix7187 on Sunday, July 1, 2007 5:50 PM

here are your ta152C-1 pics I included data collected from testing the C-1 and C-3 prototypes. to my knowledge many of these pics are not on the net or most books. Note the engine intake on oppsite side from both the D series and the later ta152H-0,H-1 series.

Note bare metal finish on trailing undersurface of wings.

Note the wear even on this test subject, many models of this aircraft are underweathered IMO. Take notice of the feathered molt on the fuselage, It is VERY rare to see a hard line molt on any luftwaffe fighter. Finally the intake in this pic has been relocated to accept yet another engine.

here is a tech drawing from focke wulf (note the focke wulf logo)

Here is some basic tech data transulated from original focke wulf  documents. Note that the C test varient used a modified A-8 wing and not the streched laminer flow wing of the later H-0/H-1 varient. I did not include alot of tech data as this is a modeling forum. If interested or you have questions let me know.     

Stan
Posted by jeaton01 on Sunday, July 1, 2007 6:40 PM

Phoenix:

Thank you for posting these photos.  I would assume that the 3rd and 5th photos are mirrored, as they show a right side supercharger intake?  It does look like the CI+XM in also reversed on the third photo. 

John

To see build logs for my models:  http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html

Posted by Daywalker on Monday, July 2, 2007 12:00 AM
Thanks Phoenix!  I may have to dig out that 1/48 TA-152C-0 that I have laying around!

Frank 

Posted by phoenix7187 on Monday, July 2, 2007 5:00 PM
Jeaton you may be right. I did not catch that. I know they exchanged several engines in the c varient. I also know one of them was a jumo used in the D-11. This would have made the intake on the other side. I'm unsure off the top of my head if pic #5 is mirror image or one with a different engine. Pic #3 is definently so. I may have even done that myself during the transfer. I have a pic somewhere with C engine test bed mechine. They tried differnet intakes and exhaust as well. when i get time I will look into that.
Stan
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.