SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

Cheerio! 1/48 Tamiya Universal Carrier Mk.II ~Finished~

40 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
Posted by mg.mikael on Sunday, May 3, 2009 6:50 PM
 tigerman wrote:

I'll bet it's better detailed then the older 1/35. Nicely done. Does it come with the link-and-length tracks?

I'd like to see them redo the older 1/35 myself.

Thanks for the comments and for checkin' out my build, tigerman!Smile [:)] Thoses tracks are the one dissapointment of the entire kit. The tracks are not historically accurate, nor are they link-and-length. The roadwheels are already attached to the tracks(all one pieceDead [xx(]), it may make construction easier, but makes painting a real pain. Their is however a resin conversion kit that includes replacement resin tracks, thus if I ever re-build this kit I'd buy the conversion kit just for the tracks.

"A good plan executed now is better than a perfect plan next week." - George S. Patton

Photobucket 

Posted by the doog on Sunday, May 3, 2009 10:17 PM
 mg.mikael wrote:

terry35- Thanks a million for checkin' out my build and for the compliments!Smile [:)]

doog-  I think you made a slight typo, since I posted the pic of the muffler.Wink [;)] Nevertheless, thanks for the very kind comments.

So sorry about that, Michael! Must be the glue fumes?! Blush [:I]

I edited it!  Wink [;)]

Posted by mg.mikael on Monday, May 4, 2009 3:49 PM
 the doog wrote:
 mg.mikael wrote:

terry35- Thanks a million for checkin' out my build and for the compliments!Smile [:)]

doog-  I think you made a slight typo, since I posted the pic of the muffler.Wink [;)] Nevertheless, thanks for the very kind comments.

So sorry about that, Michael! Must be the glue fumes?! Blush [:I]

I edited it!  Wink [;)]

No worries.Smile [:)]

"A good plan executed now is better than a perfect plan next week." - George S. Patton

Photobucket 

Posted by mm23t on Monday, May 4, 2009 7:13 PM
Excellent work. I've been wanting to do this model, and now you have me going to the lhs to pick one up. Again, excellent work. 

Medals are not "Won", they are "Earned".

Mike..

Posted by mg.mikael on Monday, May 4, 2009 9:41 PM

mm23t wrote:
Excellent work. I've been wanting to do this model, and now you have me going to the lhs to pick one up. Again, excellent work. 

Thanks for the comments, mm23t!Cool [8D] Though I should warn you, one of the fig's is missing his ear(that is if you decide to use the figures) and the tracks need quite a bit of work(masking, sanding, oh my!Black Eye [B)]) But other then the tracks, this kit is a dream, the parts just seem to slide together.

Photobucket 

Posted by Bushi on Tuesday, May 5, 2009 3:58 PM

mg.mikael The universial looks fantrastic. I had thougth about getting this . Now I believe I need too.

Bushi

Posted by mg.mikael on Tuesday, May 5, 2009 5:30 PM
 Bushi wrote:

mg.mikael The universial looks fantrastic. I had thougth about getting this . Now I believe I need too.

Bushi

Thanks for checkin' out my build and for the comments, Bushi! Glad you like it, now I just hope my M-3 Scout Car comes out as good or better then this build.Wink [;)]

Photobucket 

Posted by vonBerlichingen on Sunday, June 28, 2009 11:19 AM
That's a nice build! May I ask what colour of paint you used for the base coat?
Posted by mg.mikael on Sunday, June 28, 2009 2:11 PM

vonBerlichingen wrote:
That's a nice build! May I ask what colour of paint you used for the base coat?

Thanks for checkin' out the build, vonBerlichingen!! As for the base coat, I used ModelMaster Acrylic Olive Drab. Goes on real nicely and I have no complaints about the color or paint itself....it's pretty much near perfection.Cool [8D] 

Photobucket 

Posted by Grem56 on Sunday, June 28, 2009 2:23 PM

That''s a very nice looking Bren carrier. I didn't even notice it was 1/48th instead of 1/35. Lovely chunky little vehicle in appearence.

Julian Thumbs Up [tup]

illegal immigrants have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian.....................

Italeri S-100: http://cs.finescale.com/FSMCS/forums/t/112607.aspx?PageIndex=1

Isu-152: http://cs.finescale.com/FSMCS/forums/t/116521.aspx?PageIndex=1

Posted by mg.mikael on Sunday, June 28, 2009 3:05 PM
 Grem56 wrote:

That''s a very nice looking Bren carrier. I didn't even notice it was 1/48th instead of 1/35. Lovely chunky little vehicle in appearence.

Julian Thumbs Up [tup]

Thanks for the comments, Grem56!! Glad it impresses even in 1/48th.Wink [;)]

Photobucket 

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.