Trumpeter to release E-25 Tank Destroyer: WW2 German paper panzer

5 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
Trumpeter to release E-25 Tank Destroyer: WW2 German paper panzer
Posted by T26E4 on Wednesday, June 6, 2007 3:59 PM
Yikes!!! Have a read here:
http://www.track-link.net/forum/news_industry/11908

It says:

Trumpeter are to release a new 1/35th scale kit of the German "paper panzer" E-25... the press release states:

"A surprise announcement by Trumpeter, this is a subject not previously made in plastic. The Entwicklung series, more commonly known as the E- series, was a late-WWII attempt by Germany to produce a standardized series of tank designs. The E-25 designs, in the 25-50 ton weight class, were to replace all Panzer III and Panzer IV designs. This would include medium reconnaissance vehicles, medium Jagdpanzer and heavy Waffenträger. Kit consists of 270 parts on 15 sprues a hull, 2 vinyl tracks, photo etch and markings for the German Army."

Roy Chow 

Join AMPS!

http://www.amps-armor.org

Posted by Ozmodiar on Wednesday, June 6, 2007 4:03 PM
Interesting. I do not usually have much interest in expermental armor but this look pretty cool.

“Resisting temptation is easier when you think you'll probably get another chance later on”

Posted by tigerman on Wednesday, June 6, 2007 4:54 PM
I always thought these were cool. Have to wait to see and hear more about it. Thanks.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/wing_nut_5o/PANZERJAGERGB.jpg

Eric 

Posted by biffa on Wednesday, June 6, 2007 5:09 PM

looks like a Hetzer on steroids, i will definatly be building one Smile [:)]

Ron g.
Posted by zokissima on Friday, June 8, 2007 6:54 AM

I gotta say I was pretty shocked to see this comming from Trumpeter. And it looks like they have a Pz.IV bridgelayer, comming out pretty soon. YOu can see preview images on www.perthmilitarymodelling.com 

Should be some nice competition to the DML kit. I gotta say, with these releases, and the announced soviet stuff, Trumpeter will be getting a nice chunk of change from my pockets this year. I'm just still countin days 'till the MAZ transporter release.

Posted by the doog on Saturday, June 9, 2007 9:30 AM

I think this is awesome!

In a panzer modelling world where nearly every model has its own set of particulars that you're more-or-less obligated to follow---color schemes, zimm, markings, etc---itwill be cool to have a model where you basically have free reign to use a little bit of imagination and freedom. Fir instance, you could pick any one of the late-war color changes ( overall green, primer red, even throw in some old panzer gray stripes or patches) and use this project as a nice break from the sometimes routine requirements of, say, your next tiger or panther...

I'm looking forward to this one! 

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.