SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

Possible Tamiya WW2 Armor gb

21 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
Possible Tamiya WW2 Armor gb
Posted by I_AM_THE_GREATEST on Friday, January 28, 2011 9:22 PM

I am not certain, but i was planning in doing Tamiya Armor group build.

Rules and Guidelines:

1. Must be Tamiya world war II Armor

2. Can be any scale

3. Any country

4. Will Run Feb. 15th to Sep. 1st.

5. Must post WIP Pictures

6. Cannot enter any projects over 60% done

7. HAVE FUN!

Heres the list

Thunderbolt379: 1/35 Tamiya Sherman

Buckeye: 1/35 Tamiya Panther

The Beatles Are Dying In The Wrong Order: Pretty Soon Were Going To Be Stuck With Ringo! 

Posted by I_AM_THE_GREATEST on Friday, January 28, 2011 9:38 PM

One more thing: It can be oob or have as much added parts as you want. \

Here is what i was thinking for the badge. Please use it when you sign up Very basic, but it is my first one sooooo yea

The Beatles Are Dying In The Wrong Order: Pretty Soon Were Going To Be Stuck With Ringo! 

Posted by Hans von Hammer on Saturday, January 29, 2011 12:56 AM

Might wana run this over in the Armor Hooch to get a better feel for it... Lotta guys are committed in several GB right now, I know I got at least 6 on the plate right now, two of which are Armor dioramas ("Have Gun, Will Travel" and "Red Strom Rising")...  While I'd be interested in your GB, there's no way I can participate unless it's as a cross-over from another one, and I don't like to do that.. It's kinda like double-dipping to me,  a "Twofer" if you will...

Were the dates farther down the road, that'd be a plus...  But since I like old Tamiya kits(I have quite a few from the 80s), it'd definately be one I'd join later... If you keep the dates, that's ok too, since I don't necessariy HAVE to start it on the offcial strat date, just hit the deadline...

Rule #7 might be a pizzer too... Wink

Posted by I_AM_THE_GREATEST on Saturday, January 29, 2011 7:36 AM

I you need i can extend the deadline to finish. Right now there is no deadline to join.

Posted by Bish on Saturday, January 29, 2011 7:58 AM

Nice idea, and i got a couple of tamiya WW2 armour kits in the pipeline. Unfortunatly what bench time i have is taken up for the rest of the year. Alot of GB's on at the moment. If you don't get enough interest at the moment, maybe put it on the back burner and try again later in the year.

I am a Norfolk man and i glory in being so

On the bench: Airfix 1/72nd Harrier GR.3/Fujimi 1/72nd Ju 87D-3

Posted by ozzman on Saturday, January 29, 2011 10:11 AM

sounds interesting, i might join, dont know yet.

Posted by taxtp on Saturday, January 29, 2011 2:49 PM

I'm a probable too, depending on whether I can squeeze it in amongst other builds.

Cheers

Tony

I'm just taking it one GB at a time.

Posted by RBaer on Sunday, January 30, 2011 3:19 PM

I'd be in. Once you're over-committed, what's one more?

Apprentice rivet counter.

Posted by I_AM_THE_GREATEST on Sunday, January 30, 2011 4:42 PM

good to have more people here. The reasons i chose tamiya is they are quick and easy to build, and I also am currently building one for a diorama.

Posted by tigerman on Sunday, January 30, 2011 4:50 PM

Well too bad my panzer IV is arguably too far along. Hit it with a base coat and screwed up the camo, now need to reshoot the base. Bang Head Since this has a long life, I'll see, but I wanted to rip open a Dragon kit for my next build. Possible GB planned for that, we'll see.

Good luck.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/wing_nut_5o/PANZERJAGERGB.jpg

Eric 

Posted by wing_nut on Sunday, January 30, 2011 5:16 PM

My club is doing this exact same group build.   I am doing a Komatsu G40 bulldozer for that.  So I iwll be in if it gets off the ground... so to speak.

Marc  

Posted by Hans von Hammer on Monday, January 31, 2011 5:08 PM

Since this is now official, and your first time hosting a GB, couple of things...

You need to change the thread title to "Tamiya WW2 Armor Group Build" or something similar, or start a new thread with the title you want...

You rules are ok, but you also need to start a roster of who and what in order to get a head-count going..

Also, regarding the badge, you need to specify if it goes in the sig-line upon entering or upon completion... I noticed you said to use it on sign-up, but you also need to decide if the person can keep it if he/she doesn't complete the build on time, or has to lose it... 

Don't forget to make sure that you check "Email me when someone replies" box.. That way, you'll be notified when you need to update the roster, or answer questions and whatever.. It's easy to get side-tracked and not check on your GB regularly... The emails will remind you..

Enjoy hosting your first "Party"!

BTW, put me in for a TBA... Dunno what I wanna do yet, gotta lot of stuff happening, bench-wise, right now with five or six other GBs... I also wanna see if I have the oldest Tamiya kit in the GB...

Posted by Hans von Hammer on Monday, January 31, 2011 5:17 PM

Question...

I know it says "Armor"..But...  Does that mean tanks and tracked AFV/IFVs only, or are tactical wheeled and other "soft-skins" allowed also?  The reason I ask is that generally, "armor" means "ground-combat vehicles" in the modeling world, and not just tanks and assault guns, ie, jeeps, Humvees, Strykers, trucks, artillery pieces, etc..

Posted by I_AM_THE_GREATEST on Monday, January 31, 2011 6:11 PM

Anything that has "armor". this includes armored cars, tanks, and self-propelled artillery. Basically, anything that moves on its own power, has armor, and can shoot. Some things like motorcycles, staff cars, and un-armored transports arent allowed.

You can use the badge upon sign up. If you dont complete the build in time, you have to remove it. If all you need to do is put a few more pieces on after the deadline that is fine. I will do a roster in a new thread you can find in the GBs section, or on my page.

Posted by tigerman on Monday, January 31, 2011 10:25 PM

No, you don't want to dilute the GB forum with additional threads. Just edit your first post with "Name" -"Build". Simple as that. When I hosted, I would say something like:

1. Tigerman - Dragon Elefant 1/35
  2. So-and-so - Tamiya Jagdpanther 1/35
  3. etc.

This keeps track of the person, the build, and how many are in the GB. Clever eh? LOL HTH

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/wing_nut_5o/PANZERJAGERGB.jpg

Eric 

Posted by I_AM_THE_GREATEST on Tuesday, February 1, 2011 8:33 AM

so far I only have one person definitely in the gb. Once he specifies what he is building, I will start a roster. No rush though.

Posted by I_AM_THE_GREATEST on Thursday, February 10, 2011 4:32 PM

Due to the lack of participants, This group build has been "put on the burner" so to speak until summer. The start date is around mid june.

Posted by Thunderbolt379 on Thursday, February 17, 2011 8:09 PM

Mid-June sounds great to me -- perfect excuse to finally build that Tamiya Sherman...

Cheers, Mike/TB379

http://worldinminiature.blogspot.com/

Posted by I_AM_THE_GREATEST on Friday, February 18, 2011 2:02 PM

ok good. what scale is the sherman?

Posted by Buckeye on Friday, February 18, 2011 3:14 PM

I have a Tamiya Panther at home in the box.  I should be able to join this after getting some WIP's finished up.  Haven't built a tank in quite a while.

Posted by Thunderbolt379 on Friday, February 18, 2011 5:05 PM

IATG -- that would be 1:35th, and the classic tooling, not the newer ones.

Looking forward, M/TB379

http://worldinminiature.blogspot.com/

Posted by I_AM_THE_GREATEST on Wednesday, March 23, 2011 6:47 PM

ok again sorry I havent been on lately due to a lot of schoolwork and pure laziness. Still dont know of a start date. Thinking around June 20th would be a good start date. Might change badge to something better. I just downloaded a new photo editor on my home computer. Havent tried it yet so well see. ill make the GB start and finish dates once i get atleast 3 people. (not many compared to others)  I will keep you posted!

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.