SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

Eurofighter Typhoon FGR4 (Revell 1:144 scale)

541 views
11 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
  • Member since
    February 2005
Eurofighter Typhoon FGR4 (Revell 1:144 scale)
Posted by marcopreto on Friday, December 27, 2019 6:22 AM

The model I am working on is Revell's Eurofighter kit (single seater). Inspired by a photo of a Typhoon from 17 Sq., carrying 6 LGB, 4 AMRAAMs, 2 ASRAAMs and a drop tank in the center fuselage pylon, I started cleaning the parts and putting it together.
Here is its present state:




So far, the models as been trouble free! The 6 LGBs were in my spare parts bin and I will scratch build the 2 ASRAAMs.

I hope to post more soon.

Cheers and best wishes for 2020

  • Member since
    November 2003
  • From: Naples, FL
Posted by tempestjohnny on Friday, December 27, 2019 5:51 PM
I'll be watching

 

  • Member since
    December 2002
  • From: Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England
Posted by Bish on Friday, December 27, 2019 6:16 PM

Me to, i do like the Typhoon.

''I am a Norfolk man and i glory in being so''

On the bench: Fujim 1/72nd Ju 87R-2/AMT STAP/ Youngs Miniatures 1/10th Templar Bust/Accurate Armour 1/35th SNATCH

  • Member since
    June 2017
Posted by UnwaryPaladin on Saturday, December 28, 2019 11:14 AM

1/144 and a Typhoon, two of my favorites!

Looking forward to more

 

Joe

  • Member since
    February 2005
Posted by marcopreto on Saturday, December 28, 2019 4:46 PM

Here is a quick update.
The cockpit was painted and masking tape was used to make the seat harness. The supplied decals for the instrument panel and side consoles do a good job at this small scale.



The canopy was masked and glued in place. All the pylons are already glued (with the exception of the center one that is integral with the external fuel tank, but its position is already marked in the fuselage).



I'll try to apply some paint this evening.

Cheers

  • Member since
    February 2005
Posted by marcopreto on Sunday, December 29, 2019 4:40 PM

Quick update.

Gear wells painted.

Main camouflage colour applied.

Cheers

  • Member since
    February 2005
Posted by marcopreto on Monday, January 6, 2020 4:59 AM

Happy New Year!

Here's a quick update! There are lots of small decals on this one!

I still have to apply a few decals. Some of the already applied ones show some silvering; I'll solve it using Tamiya extra thin glue (you can check this trick on my blog).

Cheers

  • Member since
    February 2005
Posted by marcopreto on Friday, January 17, 2020 4:57 AM

While the decalling continues, I was told that UK does not use that kind of LGB (GBU-16). So I decided to convert then to UK's Paveway II MK.13/18. I used the front and read of the GBU-16 and turned a new center section out of brass rod.

Here's the first completed conversion.

 

Cheers

  • Member since
    February 2005
Posted by marcopreto on Saturday, January 18, 2020 1:04 PM

Here is a video showing the LGB conversion process:

https://youtu.be/mD1hzKuqqAI

Cheers

  • Member since
    December 2002
  • From: Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England
Posted by Bish on Saturday, January 18, 2020 1:55 PM

Thats coming on really well. And thats some work converting those bombs.

''I am a Norfolk man and i glory in being so''

On the bench: Fujim 1/72nd Ju 87R-2/AMT STAP/ Youngs Miniatures 1/10th Templar Bust/Accurate Armour 1/35th SNATCH

  • Member since
    November 2003
  • From: Naples, FL
Posted by tempestjohnny on Sunday, January 19, 2020 4:16 AM
Marco you've have some serious machinist skills. And that's a nice lathe you have.

 

  • Member since
    February 2005
Posted by marcopreto on Monday, January 20, 2020 11:55 AM

tempestjohnny
Marco you've have some serious machinist skills. And that's a nice lathe you have.

I am a newbie! I have this lathe for a little more than a year and it is beeing used more and more. It is a very simple model, very limited in what can be done with it, but still useful for small and simple parts.

 

Quick update, with the work I manage to do this weekend.

All decals are applied to the airframe.


After turning the 6 bomb center sections, two attachment points were drilled.


And after gluing them to the plastic parts, the bombs were completed.


Dry-fitting them to the airframe.



Next step will be to replace the AIM-120B (the ones in the kit are not that great) and scratch build 2 ASRAAMs.

Cheers

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

SEARCH FORUMS

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.