Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

Help, i want to cast some parts

3 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
  • Member since
    December 2002
Help, i want to cast some parts
Posted by crossracer on Thursday, December 19, 2002 12:35 PM
I was looking for help on casting some small parts using sculpty as the mold. These are only vision blocks and other small parts. Is there a release agent you use when you pour resin? any help would be great.
  • Member since
    November 2005
Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, December 26, 2002 11:05 AM
Use suggested manufactures mold release ( they usually recomend thier brand name) or silicone. Check compatibility of "release agents"
  • Member since
    December 2002
  • From: USA
Posted by jcarlberg on Thursday, December 26, 2002 7:03 PM
I've read that some modelers use talcum powder for one-shot molds, and that many use petroleum jelly thinned with alcohol.
  • Member since
    March 2003
  • From: Newport News VA
Posted by Buddho on Sunday, March 2, 2003 3:53 PM
Check this site out: []
It has information on moldmaking and releases.


Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.


By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.