Well progress has been slow, but I'm ok with taking my time on this. Modeling has become less of hurry up and get it done for me and more of a enjoy the journey sort of experience as I'm transitioning into a typical adulthood lifestyle. I almost have all the roadwheels good to go and decided to get the ERA racks done on the turret. I'm going to paint everything without the ERA blocks and then put them seperatly as thats what most of the references look like.
I found the best way to put these together is the top and bottom piece together first. Hit it with the touch n flow applicator let it dry real quick, but then while its a little soft, glue it to the turret. Below I tried to mock up how it's supposed to fit together.
Now it took me a bit to figure out, but below you can see the slots where the top piece goes in. And if you look close enough you can see a line below and a little to the left of every slot, that's where the bottom piece of the rack goes. NOT TO THE RIGHT, but to the line to the left of the top piece's "hole". This was figured out after a bit of trial and counting and figuring out, "oops, if I put the on the lines to the right I'm going to run out of lines to put them on."
After all was said and done, I was a little concerned they didn't end up all that even. But after looking at pictures of Syrian tanks, I'm ok with that. They're all beat up and crooked, and heck, even missing blocks anyways.
And with that my update is over. Might hit the bench over the weekend, then again might not. Thanks for looking in, until next time!