SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

Help with Tamiya 1/12 P34 oil-coolant lines (Nevermind) Edit: {Solution added}

760 views
10 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
dlh
  • Member since
    March 2017
  • From: Chambersburg, PA
Help with Tamiya 1/12 P34 oil-coolant lines (Nevermind) Edit: {Solution added}
Posted by dlh on Saturday, September 4, 2021 10:05 AM

I can't find the other end of the attachment points of the "A" "B" "C" coolant lines.  Here's a pic of the instruction page (step 30).  All other lines make sense.  I feel I'm missing some other reference to A, B, and C elsewhere in the instructions but can find any.  Anyone build this model?

Thanks

Dave

 

Edit: I just found the references to the A, B, and C lines.  Again, it seems that I find these just after I've asked for help.  Another example of RTFM.

  • Member since
    April 2005
  • From: Roanoke, Virginia
Posted by BigJim on Sunday, September 5, 2021 7:51 AM

Now that you have piqued my curiosity,  the answer is???

dlh
  • Member since
    March 2017
  • From: Chambersburg, PA
Posted by dlh on Sunday, September 5, 2021 9:34 AM

BigJim

Now that you have piqued my curiosity,  the answer is???

 

You can see "A" and "B" in step 24, and "C" in step 33.

I don't know how I missed it.  Aging eyeballs!

Dave

  • Member since
    March 2015
  • From: Close to Chicago
Posted by JohnnyK on Sunday, September 5, 2021 10:41 AM

I built that model last year and I found it to be very challenging build. The most difficult parts were the exhaust headers and the routing of the front brake cooling ducts. What's your opinion?

Your comments and questions are always welcome.

dlh
  • Member since
    March 2017
  • From: Chambersburg, PA
Posted by dlh on Sunday, September 5, 2021 5:03 PM

JohnnyK

I built that model last year and I found it to be very challenging build. The most difficult parts were the exhaust headers and the routing of the front brake cooling ducts. What's your opinion?

 

Completely agree.  I supported 4 headers at a time with blu-tac and then installed the collector; still needed about 8 hands.  Regarding the brake ducts, I wish I hadn't spent so much time making the steering work well.  Still, it's a detailed, awesome looking thing; just weird enough.

Dave

  • Member since
    May 2011
  • From: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posted by Real G on Sunday, September 5, 2021 5:37 PM

Regarding the front brake cooling duct - how about black Kynar wire coiled into a hose, and a black shoelace run inside to light block the hose where it bends?  I was thinking of trying that on my kit when I get to it.

“Ya ya ya, unicorn papoi!”

  • Member since
    April 2005
  • From: Roanoke, Virginia
Posted by BigJim on Monday, September 6, 2021 7:49 AM

Thank you Dave!

dlh
  • Member since
    March 2017
  • From: Chambersburg, PA
Posted by dlh on Monday, September 6, 2021 9:59 AM

JohnnyK

I built that model last year and I found it to be very challenging build. The most difficult parts were the exhaust headers and the routing of the front brake cooling ducts. What's your opinion?

 

Thanks for posting your build.  I referred to it many times and "stole" some of your ideas.  Mine wouldn't look as good as it does without your pioneering.

Dave

dlh
  • Member since
    March 2017
  • From: Chambersburg, PA
Posted by dlh on Monday, September 6, 2021 10:05 AM

Real G

Regarding the front brake cooling duct - how about black Kynar wire coiled into a hose, and a black shoelace run inside to light block the hose where it bends?  I was thinking of trying that on my kit when I get to it.

 

I've not handled Kynar wire, but it may be something like Litz wire. You might have trouble keeping the coils together. ?

It wouldn't look the same, but one could try black paracord, or even Tech-flex with paracord inside.  It would be a woven look and not corrugated like the real thing.  I think the coil springs provided are over scale.

I'm not sure anything would allow smooth steering (if that really matters).

My CDO is still crunching this idea. (CDO, like OCD but the letters are in the proper order as they should be)

Dave

  • Member since
    March 2015
  • From: Close to Chicago
Posted by JohnnyK on Monday, September 6, 2021 10:40 AM

dlh

 

 
JohnnyK

I built that model last year and I found it to be very challenging build. The most difficult parts were the exhaust headers and the routing of the front brake cooling ducts. What's your opinion?

 

 

 

Thanks for posting your build.  I referred to it many times and "stole" some of your ideas.  Mine wouldn't look as good as it does without your pioneering.

Dave

 

Dave,

I'm glad that my posts were helpful. That's what great about this forum. We can share our ideas.

John

Your comments and questions are always welcome.

  • Member since
    March 2015
  • From: Close to Chicago
Posted by JohnnyK on Monday, September 6, 2021 10:56 AM

Dave,

Your idea of using blue-tac to temporarly hold the headers in place is a great idea.

John

Your comments and questions are always welcome.

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

SEARCH FORUMS
FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.