Ok here is the plan. I intend to use a paper model which I received today as a pattern and scratch build the little loco out of plastic, metal, or what ever else I can find. So I guess we will see how this works out. I have heard of ship modelers doing this so it ought to work for this.
Frame is coming together.....
Still plenty to do.
Progress on the frame....
Added some more rivets.....
Installed some of the brake parts.
Learning things as I go along like some holes don't need to be drilled or damage will occur.
The second locomotive will be better.
Building the locomotive wheels.
This is the assembly jig.
The wheels are built up in layers. I have decided to go with a solid cast wheel instead of a spoke version.
On the frame.
I continued to work on the drive wheels for the "The Little Engine That Could". Counter weights and driver offsets added.
I assembled most of the left side wheels. I still need to add the driver cam's, but the loco is setting on all four drive wheels.
The wheels were pretty tough, but I'm sure there will be more challenges to come.
All the rivets are in and I have added part of the connecting rod assembly.
I'm still smoothing things out, but I think it will come around sooner or later.
The beginnings of a steam cylinder.
A mostly complete steam cylinder. Ready to move to the other side.
Ok that brings us up to date.
Thanks for looking! More to come.