Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

Nina by Heller parts fitting problem

3 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
  • Member since
    December, 2005
Nina by Heller parts fitting problem
Posted by Bigboat on Thursday, March 24, 2011 10:01 AM

Hi Everyone:

I'm building the Heller Nina kit and I have an odd problem. I was wondering if anyone who had built the kit could advise me.  The problem is that after the stern is fitted in place, the 2 bulwarks parts on either side of the stern will not align with the rest of the hull.  That is, if the rear of the bulwarks and deck rail are aligned with the stern, the front of the bulwarks/deck rail are hanging in the air and a large piece of filler would be needed to close things up.

It seems very peculiar that the model would be designed like that. I have two kits of the model and both have the same problem.  Any help would be appreciated.  Also, if a piece of filler is needed what would be the best material; use a piece of plastic or wood, maybe stuff the gap with putty.

Thanks very much.


  • Member since
    September, 2017
Posted by Dai on Sunday, September 24, 2017 9:24 PM

G,Day Barry,

                  I have not reached this part yet but it seems to me that a bit of work with a sanding stick should fix the problem.  I just tacked the parts together and all apears to OK.I am using the "Anatomy of The Ship" book as a guide to

I am using the "Anatomy of The Ship" book as a guide to build as my cat managed to destroy my set while chasing mice during our last mouse plague. So... Now could you email me a copy of the instructions.



  • Member since
    September, 2017
Posted by Dai on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 7:22 PM

Standing Down from Panic Stations!  Instructions arrived from France.  

Great MateBig Smile 


  • Member since
    December, 2003
  • From: 37deg 40.13' N 95deg 29.10'W
Posted by scottrc on Monday, October 02, 2017 2:42 PM


I wish Photo Bucket didn't deep six my photos from the 48 hour GB of this kit I did in 2015.  I built this over a weekend.  I am posting pics from that build here. I had to used clamps to hold everything on the stern in place as I glued it up.  There is a good amount of twist in the hull due the way they were molded, so constant pressure was needed to adhere the stern and have everything line up.  I still had to putty up and sand the seems, and did have a gap a the port corner rail. I used either the Testors or Squadron white putty, any would do.   


Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.


By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.