Enter keywords or a search phrase below:


3 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
  • Member since
    September, 2010
Posted by retdfeuerwehr on Tuesday, January 02, 2018 12:34 AM

I saw this product recommended by several modelers for static and running, I bought some. Maybe I got the wrong kind or something, but I've never seen anything unravel so quickly. I tried re-inforcing it with Elmer's, but it still frayed itaelf into uselessness. I bought the UNI-Thread 220D, 3/0W, black. Is it operator error or the product? I was going to use it on 1/350 models.

  • Member since
    November, 2009
  • From: Twin Cities of Minnesota
Posted by Don Stauffer on Tuesday, January 02, 2018 8:23 AM

Not sure what you are describing. Is this some sort of needle threading tool>  Or is it some threading die for making screws?  What is the purpose?  Maybe you could insert a link to an ad.


Don Stauffer in Minnesota

  • Member since
    March, 2003
  • From: Towson MD
Posted by gregbale on Tuesday, January 02, 2018 9:53 AM

UNI-Thread is a polyester fly-tying material.

Sounds like you got the 'stranded' version---the strands designed to 'flatten' and grip, when tying trout flies---instead of the unstranded version.

Caenis is the type usually used for ship rigging. It's tiny, but a bit easier to work with if fly-tying stuff is what you wish to use.

Good luck.


 George Lewis:

"Every time you correct me on my grammar I love you a little fewer."



  • Member since
    September, 2012
Posted by GMorrison on Tuesday, January 02, 2018 10:26 AM

That's the one.



Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.