Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

Diaphragm Compressor

3 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
  • Member since
    December, 2011
Diaphragm Compressor
Posted by model make on Monday, July 30, 2018 9:08 AM


Asking about one that is basically like a Badger 80-2 or Thompson compressor.

Badger 250 airbrush manual says to drill a hole in the thread adapter when using it with

a 'non tank mounted diaphragm compressor'.

Will a Harbor freight regulator provide the same 'pop-off' valve pressure relief?

Here are links to regulator and Badger 80-2 google search.

What pipe size is that on the compressor?

  • Member since
    October, 2008
  • From: Fullerton, Calif.
Posted by Don Wheeler on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 6:21 PM

Diaphragm compressors don't like running into a blocked output.  A regulator is not going to prevent that.  Your compressor connection is probably either 1/8 or 1/4 inch.


A collection of airbrush tips and reviews

Also an Amazon E-book and paperback of tips.

  • Member since
    December, 2011
Posted by model make on Sunday, August 19, 2018 8:11 PM

'A regulator is not going to prevent that.'


I just got alert for this reply.

'Don Wheeler wrote the following post 19 days ago:'


Will check 'Email Notifications'.

  • Member since
    December, 2011
Posted by model make on Sunday, August 19, 2018 8:30 PM

Checked and everything looks fine.

Don't know why alert took two weeks plus to get here.

I do know I do not have time to fool with it.

Thank you Don.

We will figure it out.


Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.


By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.