Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

I need help with my airbrush/compressor;_;

8 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
  • Member since
    November 2005
I need help with my airbrush/compressor;_;
Posted by Anonymous on Monday, July 28, 2003 8:35 PM
I hope this isnt a dumb question (*hides) Sad [:(]
For my birthday my husband got me a
Aztek A4709 airbrush and the compressor he got for it was a
Sparmax AC-100 compressor. The hose fits fine on the airbrush but not the compressor. I am very new to airbrushing and I know it's a dumb question, but can you help? Is there some kind of adapter I can get? I am so lost. I have searched for faqs and have come up with no results. Please help a newb get her airbrush working... Thank you Sleepy [|)]
  • Member since
    November 2005
Posted by Anonymous on Monday, July 28, 2003 8:48 PM
Did the compressor come with any accessories? I used quick disconnect couplers that came with mine. (i think the majority uses that)

the coupler (female) on the top right hand corner will go on the compressor, and the coupler on the bottom left hand corner (male) will go on the end of the airbrush hose. The sizes may vary so if you have to go out and buy it, take the airhose with you. (you might need an adaptor to hook up the airhose to the male coupler)

Do yourself and the compressor a favor and buy some teflon tape as well to prevent any air leaks.

hope this helps.
  • Member since
    November 2005
Posted by Anonymous on Monday, July 28, 2003 8:52 PM
Thank you kindly for your reply. No, it did not come with any of those unfortunately. Does hobbytownusa carry them? I have a dickblick out here and they dont carry much as far as airbrush supplies. I will definately do as you suggest. If you have any other details you can give me as far as working with the adapters I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  • Member since
    January 2003
Posted by shermanfreak on Monday, July 28, 2003 8:56 PM
You can also try just about any hardware store to get an adaptor for your hose to attach to your compressor.
Happy Modelling and God Bless Robert
  • Member since
    May 2003
  • From: USA, GA
Posted by erush on Monday, July 28, 2003 9:38 PM
You probably need a 3/8 to 1/4 threaded adapter (standard for most compressors but take your hose with you). It will have threads on both sides. You can then put a quick release (female) on the compressor to disconnect your hose if you want. Male quick release adapter goes on the hose. There are inside and outside thread adapters too so watch what you get.

Walmart, Lowes, home depot and any hardware store will have them. The first three will have "kits" witih and assortment of pieces that are a good buy and should have all you need. Good luck and enjoy!

Hi, I'm Eric and I'm a Modelholic too. I think I have PE poisioning.     "Friendly fire...isn't"
  • Member since
    November 2005
Posted by Anonymous on Monday, July 28, 2003 9:39 PM
NOw that i think about it... is the compressor you got a general use compressor with a holding tank or an airbrushing only compressor?

If it's only for airbrushing you should take shermanfreak's advice and just buy an adaptor. The main advantage of quick (dis)connect couplers is that if you need to use the compressor for other uses, (filling up a tire, operating a nail gun) you can easily switch between tools (given they have the right couplers attached)

but if your compressor is meant strictly for airbrushing, you don't need the couplers just buy an adaptor.
  • Member since
    November 2005
Posted by Anonymous on Monday, July 28, 2003 9:41 PM
It's only for airbrushing :3
If you know of the exact adapter and where i should get it, it would be very helpful :D
  • Member since
    November 2005
Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 5:28 PM
you should still be able to find an adaptor at a hardware store. other than measuring the actual size of the compressor fitting, i'd take the actual compressor and air hose with me just to be safe (if it's not too heavy ;)

I'm sure there's an easier way to tell what size, i just do not know what that is.
  • Member since
    November 2005
Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 7:54 PM
weeee i got it to work now! there were no adapters in the hardware store that would fit :(
I went to hobbytown usa and brought 2 of my hoses. They didnt have an adapter either. But they spliced the 2 hoses together so one part fits on the brush and one fits on the compressor. Its such a snug fit all, i did was wrap a little of the tape around it and it works great!. Thank you all for your help!


Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.


By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.