Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

Model Building Protective 'Surface'

3 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
  • Member since
    January, 2018
Model Building Protective 'Surface'
Posted by JeffreyPerren on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 6:57 AM

Question from a novice...

I've seen many YouTube model reviews with the kit parts placed on a protective table covering about 30" x 24" that has inscribed and/or painted-on measured squares. It resembles the large paper cutters one saw in art class at school, only without the cutting mechanism. Appears to be a very hard, scratch-resistant surface.

What is that thing called? (Would like to purchase one.)

  • Member since
    April, 2013
Posted by KnightTemplar5150 on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:21 AM
  • Member since
    January, 2018
Posted by JeffreyPerren on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:33 AM
  • Member since
    November, 2009
  • From: Twin Cities of Minnesota
Posted by Don Stauffer on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:51 AM

That gives rise to a new product someone should put on the market.  I use Contact paper or similar product to cover the surface of my bench top.  I use plain white now. It would be great if someone would do an adhesive backed shelf lining material with a nice grid printed on it!


Don Stauffer in Minnesota


Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.