Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

Filler resin

4 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
  • Member since
    November 2005
Filler resin
Posted by Anonymous on Friday, May 16, 2003 8:59 PM
In the December 2001 issue Mike Ashey mentions filling in gaps with a filler type resin. What type of resin is this? Who makes it and where can I get it.
  • Member since
    December 2002
Posted by DCShips on Saturday, May 17, 2003 8:02 PM
I've head of many people just using plain ole body filler ???
  • Member since
    November 2005
Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 10:30 AM
Another option for filler; is to use a product named Milliput.
It's a two-part product that dries hard, and it can be sanded and painted. I also find it holds up better than bondo.

  • Member since
    January 2003
Posted by Jeff Herne on Thursday, June 26, 2003 12:45 PM
For smaller seams, I use Liquitex Acrylic Gel's got the consistency of toothpaste, so it's easier to handle than white glue. It dries clear and hard, but it's flexible to a degree. Best part is, it cleans up with water, so when filling a seam, I let it dry partially, then clean the excess with a Q-tip soaked in water. This prevents me from sanding off the details, like planking, etc.

Gel Medium is available in any art store, about $12 a tube.

Jeff Herne
  • Member since
    April 2003
  • From: Nashville, TN
Posted by jmathewstn on Wednesday, July 9, 2003 8:06 PM
Jeff.. I think I'll give liquitex a try.. is that #5747? I stopped by a supply store to get some and they had about 3 different numbers in the same size tube for $9.xx


Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.