SEARCH FINESCALE.COM

Enter keywords or a search phrase below:

FOREIGN AIRFORCE MiG BUILD. (no question mark in this topic)

398 replies
1 rating 2 rating 3 rating 4 rating 5 rating
Posted by osher on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 6:20 PM
OK, well, my MiG canopy has been masked. A project that looked easy...is there a good way to mask the curved windscreens at the front? Took ages! I used strips of Tamiya masking tape, so lets see how it looks. OK, I've missed the deadline for this GB. Anyway, after my abortive start with the MiG-15UTI, this one is much better, and ready for painting. Just a bit worried about the 6 colours I need! Oh well, it's a good way to learn.

Anyway, thanks for the inspiration of the GB! It's been fun!
Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 6:59 PM
I may yet come under the wire! Unfortunately I had to work today!Tongue [:P] The Future is dry and if I can get out of work here at a decent time I should be able to get the decals on b4 midnite!Big Smile [:D] - Calvin
Posted by Tankmaster7 on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 9:14 PM
All right, although the build may be offcially over, I am still looking forward to seeing completred builds.
-Tanky Welcome to the United States of America, a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in partnership with Halliburton. Security for your constitutional rights provided by Blackwater International.
Posted by yardbird78 on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 10:59 PM
Calvin and Osher. Hang in there. You are almost finished and I hope to see completed pictures shortly. Biiiiiiiiiggggggg Drum Roll.

Darwin, O.F. Alien [alien]

The B-52 and me, we have grown old, gray and overweight together.

Posted by yardbird78 on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 11:07 PM
Big Smile [:D] Approve [^] Tanky,

Thanks for leading the charge on this Group Build. It was the first one that I have ever done and I really enjoyed it. I guess that I got a little carried away with four entries, but I had to give Duke Maddog a run for his money. I'll be seeing you in few days for the "Planes of the Red Star" group build. Wink [;)] Dos Vedanya, Tavarish.Mischief [:-,] Propeller [8-]

Posted by Tankmaster7 on Wednesday, June 1, 2005 4:11 PM
no prob, darwin. We'll have some good fun with the planes of the red star too.

Slava tavarisch!
-Tanky Welcome to the United States of America, a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in partnership with Halliburton. Security for your constitutional rights provided by Blackwater International.
Posted by yardbird78 on Thursday, June 2, 2005 12:12 PM
Last one out, turn out the lights and lock the door, but keep the key ready for June 21st.

Posted by Swedish Mick on Thursday, June 2, 2005 4:48 PM
I have to admit that my two MiGs are still not finished, I have canopying, decalling and then sealing left.
But … even if the GB is ended, I have had a really nice time and thanks to all of you, I can see kits being finished for the first time in many years.
Thank you Tanky and the rest of you guys
Modellbygge iFokus http://www.modellbygge.ifokus.se
Posted by Tankmaster7 on Saturday, July 9, 2005 1:09 PM
No problem one last post here.

Foreign MiGs Group Build is now officially CLOSED.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!

Our community is FREE to join. To participate you must either login or register for an account.

FREE NEWSLETTER
By signing up you may also receive reader surveys and occasional special offers. We do not sell, rent or trade our email lists. View our Privacy Policy.