I've been thinking about running this GB for some time. The idea is that you can pull any incomplete model from your personal 'Shelf of Doom', and attempt to complete it, or at least make some progress on it during the GB period.
The definition of 'Shelf of Doom' is loose, and can vary from participant to participant. It just has to be a model you've set aside for a length of time, and now wish to complete it.
Crossovers and partially complete models would be allowed of course.
The GB would run from now until the end of February, to give you a chance to complete those 2016 builds that didn't quite make it.
It would be great to get a little of the history of the model, why it got parked, etc, to add some interest to the GB. If you planned it for a GB, but never finished it, include that too.
I'd like to get a few concurrent builds going, to generate some energy in the GB.
If it works, I'd like to make this an annual event. A badge will be available if you participate.
taxtp - Airfix 54mm American Soldier 1775 (completed, page 1)
- Andrea Miniatures 54mm Norman Knight circa 1280 AD (completed, page 1)
- Pegaso 54mm Briton Warrior 1st Century AD (completed, page 2)
- Academy 1/35 French Foreign Legionnaire, Djibouti 1980s (completed, page 2)
- Airfix 54mm French Line Infantryman 1815 (completed, page 3)
- Tamiya 1/16 WWII German Infantryman (Reversible Winter Uniform) (completed page 5)
- Tamiya 1/16 German Elite Infantryman
- Airfix 1/32 multi pose British Infantry (completed page 6)
Rob Gronovius - Revell 1/72 StuG IV
tempestjohnny - TBA
bobbaily - TBA
theuns - Italeri 1/48 MB 326k (completed, page 2)
- Tamiya 1/32 F-51D Mustang (completed, page 3)
- Revell 1/32 Spitfire Mk II
- Dragon 1/48 Fokker DVII
Falconmod - Monogram 1/48 F-8 Crusader
TheMongoose - P-51B Mustang
modelcrazy - 1/350 Fletcher class DD as the USS Johnston DD-557
Lewbud - 1/72 Monogram F8F Bearcat
68GT - 1/48 Testors 1/48 RF-4C Phantom II
VanceCrozier - 1/72 Airfix Grumman Wildcat
SteveCB - 1/25 AMT 57 Chevy
Gerhard - Academy 1/48 F86 Sabre
oortiz10 - 1/48 Monogram P-47D Thunderbolt (razorback)
- 1/48 Hobby Boss P-47D Thunderbolt (easy assembly kit)
- 1/48 Hasegawa P-47D-25 Thunderbolt
- 1/48 Hasegawa P-47D 'Pacific Jug'
PKorson2 - 1/48 Revell F-15E
Pyrman64 - Revell 1997 Ford Expedition EMS Chief's buggy
Jimbot58 - Meng 1/72 F-102
Panzerjager - Tamiya 1/35 T26E3 Pershing
Lostagain - Tamiya 1/72 F-22 Raptor
MODELS RESCUED FROM THE COLLECTIVE SHELF OF DOOM: 9
taxtp - Andrea Minatures 54mm Norman Knight circa 1280 AD
theuns - Italeri 1/48 MB 326K
taxtp - 54mm Pegaso Briton Warrior 1st Century AD
taxtp - Academy 1/35 French Foreign Legionnaire, Djibouti 1980s
taxtp - Airfix 54mm 1815 French Line Infantryman
theuns - Tamiya 1/32 P-51D Mustang
taxtp - 1/16 Tamiya German Infantryman with Reversible Winter Uniform
taxtp - 1/32 Airfix British Infantry