Good news: The Brummbar is complete, and I've already started working on the diorama! As soon as I have that done, I'll call the whole project complete and start on something new!
I weathered the tank with craft acrylics mixed with water to create a sludge wash- using black on the Dunkelgelb areas and "goose feather" on the darker areas to make this thing look dusty. I used model master gunmetal for the muzzle of the gun, and dry brushed gunmetal on some of the areas where paint might be worn away due to the gun's recoil. In the tracks, I added some coffee grounds I swiped from my girlfriend's French press and attached them on with Elmer's glue. The grounds were hazelnut flavored- which didn't effect the tank's looks but did make it smell kinda nice !
I used a small piece of an E string I found with my guitar stuff as a radio antenna. An application of Testors dullcote rounded this baby out and it looks ready to roll out over the French countryside.
Like I said before, the tank is done but I'm just getting started on the diorama- so keep checking back because it's going to be awesome!